Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:06:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow ... People just amaze me  (Read 359 times)
Fool for Love

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 14, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

So, we officially ended our relationship 3 weeks ago... . Found out today that she quit her job and moved 3 hours away from her family and moved in with the replacement ! Of coarse this guy has money , lake house and all that stuff. How these people do this ? So fast ... no feelings ... . like the 4 yrs we were together meant nothing ... .
fromheeltoheal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »

Oh, the feelings are there, mostly shame, so a borderline does what they do to cope; run away, divert their focus with a replacement, project all their self loathing on you so you're the scumbag, think in black and white, all or nothing so you're a complete scumbag now, as opposed to when you were completely perfect in the beginning.  All the thrills of the disorder.  But in those quiet times when she's alone the memories and feelings creep in; think rocking back and forth in a fetal position.

So what are you doing with your feelings today?
Fool for Love

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

Well... my feelings where fine ... . then I just started crying ... . not cause I want her back... but because of 3 years of the lies ... . I mean even if we would have broken up on good terms ... I know has the way I am I would have to take time for myself and get emotional right . I couldn't just jump into another relationship after 3 yrs of being with someone ... . I understand the lies , cheated with this guy before we broke up, the drama ... . I understand she is no good for me ... . but it still hurts my heart ... .
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »

the way I am I would have to take time for myself and get emotional right . I couldn't just jump into another relationship after 3 yrs of being with someone

That's the healthy way, and good for you!  We don't do future partners, or ourselves, any favors by jumping into something new before we've processed and are ready.  The new dude is in for the same crap, he just doesn't know it yet.

I'm sorry you want through that.  These relationships can wound us to our core, which can also be the good news with the opportunity for personal growth that they motivate; you may find down the road that this relationship was the best thing that could have happened, and the growth you go through was the gift of it.

In the meantime, as you process, what stage of grieving do you think you're in?
arn131arn

Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »

Well... my feelings where fine ... . then I just started crying ... . not cause I want her back... but because of 3 years of the lies ... . I mean even if we would have broken up on good terms ... I know has the way I am I would have to take time for myself and get emotional right . I couldn't just jump into another relationship after 3 yrs of being with someone ... . I understand the lies , cheated with this guy before we broke up, the drama ... . I understand she is no good for me ... . but it still hurts my heart ... .

That's exactly it, FFL, you are spot on, my man. We aren't grieving the end of the relationship, we are grieving what the relationship NEVER was.

This is the exact situation I'm in, the money, feelings of less than, not providing enough, and it hurts. I am here, bro.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest