Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 03:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up and down  (Read 395 times)
Boisnix79

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Single...finally

« on: April 12, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »

Hi,

I just feel empty and tired. Sleep is improving but my emotions seem ti be up and down WAY more than normal.

Has anyone else experienced this, any ideas why?

chillamom

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »

I can  totally relate…if I didn't know better, I would think that I was a rapid cycling bipolar…seriously I can be feeling pretty okay one minute, and I'll walk into the next room or something and start to cry.  I think part of it is we have all been on such a crazy roller coaster that our thoughts and emotions need time to rebalance, and until they do, we have a hard time centering ourselves.  I'll bet also it can be chemical - I don't know if there is science behind it, but perhaps an especially intense relationship makes the neurotransmitters become even more out of whack after the break up than they normally do….and research does show that after a break up, the normal brain basically reacts like a brain going through heroin withdrawal…... wish I could tell you when it would end, but I'm only 5 weeks out myself and everything is still volatile.  Reading other tales on this board helps though…because there is solid evidence that we WILL get through all of this and get our equilibrium back!  Hope it happens soon, take care of yourself and self-soothe in positive ways (I just ate a chocolate bunny, don't think that was the best choice…... )
Boisnix79

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »

Your post made me feel not so alone, thanks chillamom Smiling (click to insert in post)

chillamom

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »

Boisnix79, hope today was a little bit better!  Most folks on the board say that changes in our own emotions are going to happen incrementally, and as long as something is improving  (in your case sleep!) that's progress!  I'm trying to be mindful…... just sitting with the feelings and memories and letting them flow in and out….the whole "buddhist" thing is unfortunately against my nature, but they say if you practice mindfulness it improves your ability to stay balanced a great deal.  If course, it would help if the ex would stop texting and calling!
Boisnix79

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »

Yes I agree, the texts are not helping... . they all seems to have a hidden agenda... . either to make me feel guilty, insufficient or connected to her... . Its like a microcosm of the actual relationship... . its toxic too

Yes todays a little better... . staying busy is helping too.

One thing thats difficuly for me is that other people dont seem to get it... . They try to relate with relationships theyve had that are just hard or challnged... . and they say I know its hard... . THEY dont know what this is like... .  SO I guess feeling a little alone... . These boards really really help my emotions... . its been 7 or 8 days now broken up... . tears just came to my eyes again! yikes haha SERiously feel Bipolar too! This too shall pass

I like Buddhist practice, I may start to listen to dharma talks again... . this one always gives me a healthy view of love... . Listen and tell me what you think of it:)

www.buddhanet.net/mp3/whatislove.mp3
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest