Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:56:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sister/Family and exBPD  (Read 345 times)
dillan6241

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 29, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »

Hello guys,

I have a rather annoying situation. I've been NC with my exBPDgf for a few months now after she got up and walked out. Normal story splitting me black. So I'm still going through the grieving process and my entire family is being supportive by not talking to her etc even though she was close in our lives. All of them except my annoying sister ... . Who is dating the brother of my exbgf. They used to be enemies when I was dating her now they're best friends and I tell me sister please stop talking to her for my sake and she responds with I don't want to burn bridges! what the heck what bridges the exBPD works as adamm server! So they chat it up and my sister sees my ex often.

Whatever this is fine but what pisses me off is that she lies about it constantly. She says she hasn't talked or seen her since in a straight up lie. So I just talk to my sister cordially because whatever news  I tell her she tells her brother who ends up telling my exBPDgf... . like my new job or significant weight loss or changen of cities. So yeah I stop telling my sister my life because of this situation, to which she responds that I need to just get over it and she's hurt I got MIA aad don't talk to her (my sister) for weeks at a time. And idk straight down to the core it just hurts I know her bf is my exBPDs brother but I mean my sister just doesn't care at all! Youd think family is more important but all she cares about is pleasing her bf which means being best friends with her sister. She's like gosh get over it already forgive her and talk to her... . anyone ever have to deal with this. Makes me glad I'm moving hundreds of miles away so I don't have to deal with it.
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »

Hi dillan6241,

It's frustrating and disappointing with your sisters behaviors and relaying personal information about you. A pwBPD can use it against you and you shouldn't say anything after the split. That and its none of your business. It's challenging when your sister is so close to ex. Have you talked to your sister and given her a boundary to say nothing about you? It may cause issues between her bf and your ex. Tell her to say something boring about you that's nothing in general. On the flip side your moving and you'll put distance between you and all of this. I'm sorry it's tough.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest