Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 09:36:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just need to vent...  (Read 334 times)
Xidion

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: December 13, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »

I loved you more than you will ever know. It was real love.  Unconditional love. There isn't a thing in this world I wouldn't have done for you. I would have gone to any lengths just to see you happy. You told me that I never treated you good. Can you not see that I put your needs before my own?  I was there for you when you needed me. I held you as you cried.  I told you everything would be okay time and time again. Should I have done more? No Was this relationship doomed from the beginning? Yes. I gave my all while you soaked it up like a sponge. I'm left hurting while you are in the arms of another man as you tell me I'm not good enough. I hate your disease. I love you. You will never know how special you were to me. Happiness was in the palm of your hands.

HappyNihilist

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »

It's good to vent, to let ourselves feel these things, and to get our thoughts and emotions out there so we can begin to process them.

I'm so sorry you're in pain. She invalidated you, your love, and your efforts with her accusations that you weren't good enough -- more likely projections of how she feels about herself. But she can never take away the truth, which is that you did did love her unconditionally. You know that you were a loving, caring partner. And you maintain your empathy and caring. You are more than good enough. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest