Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 08:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When I feel even here no one really gets it  (Read 336 times)
InSearchofMe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: December 18, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »

So it was another one of those nights.  I had a plan and got totally side-swiped.  I have been working slowly on clearing out his office.  The room where he lived, the room that is really the picture of his illness, the room where he died. I thought I was close to the end of this piece.  Then when cleaning out a drawer, I found something.  Something in the back of small drawer.  A box.  Until I opened it, I really did not know what it was.  Bullets.  With a single one missing.  I know you all understand the anguish of living with someone who is BPD.  But I still don't feel like I have anyone who gets both that and being a suicide survivor.  Tonight is so hard. 
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:47 PM »

I'm sorry you're having a difficult night. We've had members post their tragic loss. I'm sorry to hear that.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
MrConfusedWithItAll

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:22 AM »

Quite a few years ago I dated a BPD waif.  She drank herself to death.  I tried to help her while she was alive.  In the end I had to push her out of my life to protect myself and my children. Even now lingers a feeling of guilt within my mind.  But no - I was not the cause of her illness.  Let the tears flow, say goodbye, and soldier on.
sirius

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:31:02 AM »

So it was another one of those nights.  I had a plan and got totally side-swiped.  I have been working slowly on clearing out his office.  The room where he lived, the room that is really the picture of his illness, the room where he died. I thought I was close to the end of this piece.  Then when cleaning out a drawer, I found something.  Something in the back of small drawer.  A box.  Until I opened it, I really did not know what it was.  Bullets.  With a single one missing.  I know you all understand the anguish of living with someone who is BPD.  But I still don't feel like I have anyone who gets both that and being a suicide survivor.  Tonight is so hard. 

I am sorry for your loss and your pain.

My pain has drove me to an attempted suicide when my ex left me 9 months ago. Tried and failed. The bullet/cartridge did not went off for some reason. During that time, there was nothing that can ease the pain in me for the loss and that was the only thing that is in my mind. I felt like the end of the world, i can see nothing further or thereafter. I wanted out and I feel that I will be free from all the pain at that time. I was very very wrong about it.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest