Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 03, 2024, 05:09:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Beginning 4...  (Read 970 times)
MaroonLiquid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 29, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »

Here is the previous topic... .https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=240685.0

If the vehicle is in my name only in this state, she does not have any claim/right to it.  Why won't she just do the right thing (she says she wants to make the marriage work and fix the black and white issues yet won't budge) in this instance?  It's frustrating.  Is she seeing where how firm I stand on this?  The control issue with her is nuts.  I'm tired of it.  I still want to know what she meant by "she forced me" to keep her on the insurance.  
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

Uhm. Stop trying to understand crazy. It doesn't matter what she thinks about insurance right now.

YOUR problem today is that you have a legal obligation on the Lexus that is preventing you from buying a car you can drive. She is being part of that problem.

Talk to a lawyer. Ask for strategies that will force her to either:

A: Get her to give you the Lexus and get her name off the title

-or-

B: Get her to take full responsibility for the Lexus, getting you off the title and the loan so you can your own car.
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »

Uhm. Stop trying to understand crazy. It doesn't matter what she thinks about insurance right now.

YOUR problem today is that you have a legal obligation on the Lexus that is preventing you from buying a car you can drive. She is being part of that problem.

Talk to a lawyer. Ask for strategies that will force her to either:

A: Get her to give you the Lexus and get her name off the title

-or-

B: Get her to take full responsibility for the Lexus, getting you off the title and the loan so you can your own car.

So my wife called me (out of the blue a few minutes ago) and told me that she was going down to the credit union first thing in the morning to sign the car over into her name.  I told her I appreciated that she is doing that.  My mom told me that she thinks she got real with herself and knew if she didn't do that it she knew I would be done and file for divorce and rightfully so.  I told her that there is no way you can spin that to anyone and they understand how she would do something like that.  We'll see if she follows through, but I think she will.  I'm relieved.
Grey Kitty

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Sounds awesome.

Just to confirm--she doesn't need you there to sign does she?

And if she doesn't, I still think you should call a lawyer for a consult... .Maybe a prepaid legal service like FF's would be a good idea for you?
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »

Start thinking of ways to reinforce good behavior.  If she signs this over... .and you get the car you need. 

Don't want to overdo it... but you want to make sure she understands that you appreciate her listening... .and acting... .on your request.

Thoughts?

This is very good news... looking forward to an update tomorrow saying that this is over.

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »

Well, my wife found a way to dysregulate over text today before we had to trade in the vehicle this evening. Our loans with the credit union were contingent on the Lexus being traded in.  We agreed to trade it in on mine first together because her vehicle was more expensive.  She did have an appointmnent yesterday at 6 to go look at a vehicle, and I found one online so we went to look at it, I decided to get it, and while going through the paperwork phase, she went down to look at her vehicle in the Lexus after they appraised it.  They jacked her around and she walked out.  I met her for a bite to eat, and noticed she was mad that I was in my new car, but let it go and never broached the subject except to say we would find her the one she wants.  This morning, I guess she was mad that I wasn't with her at the dealership last night and so I tried to talk her through it over text because she wouldn't answer my phone call.  She told me that if I was going to trade in the Lexus, I would need to provide her a rent car.  I said "Wife, I hear that you don't have the money for a rent car.  They are expensive.  It cost me quite a bit when I had to fix our van two months ago.  Can you help me to understand why you feel I have the money?"  She then dysregulated and we got into it. I tried hard, but finally just told the truth.  I didn't care.  I told her that she is mad that I got a new car before her and that was hers to deal with.  I told her that I am tired of her manipulative, abusive games and she is throwing a temper tantrum.  She tried to turn and project everything onto me and said, "I won't be left stranded!  Your choices do nothing but cost me money!"  . Seriously?  What the heck? That's what she did to me and I told her so.  I just told her that my choices the last seven months speak for themselves.  "I have kept you on my insurance, I paid seven months worth of car notes, and took care of you every time your sick and had surgery.  I told her that I would get this car through the dealership on my own because I can't make her do the right things.  She said that being married to me has drained her financially.  That's hilarious considering I'm her only husband that has had a jobs. She told me to leave her alone.  Geez, tired of this crap.  I have to go to the dealership and see what they can do.  This is ridiculous.
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »

One thing she said at the end of the text string was that she wanted to be separated from me financially from me because it was the right thing for her.  I  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) because if that was the case, she wouldn't have any problem trading in the Lexus.  She also said she is done with my mess of a life and ready to move on.  I responded with, "I'm sorry you feel that way.  You don't want to be separated from me anymore than I do you.  She said I haven't known what she has wanted for a long time.  I'm like, it effing changes every day for the last seven months.   . That's when I said I'm sorry she feels that way will get the car at the dealership on my own and I can't make her do the right thing.  I don't care if that's invalidating. 
Grey Kitty

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 07:13:54 PM »

Your wife dysregulated, and you told her what you thought. I get that loud and clear.

I'm confused about the financial situation:

Are you still joint owner of the Lexus with her?

Do you now have a car in your own name, with your own loan, and your own insurance, and no way for her to meddle with it unless you are stupid enough to let her touch the keys?

(I don't care if she has a car or not either Smiling (click to insert in post) )
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 07:24:56 PM »

So... .if you are still a joint owner on the lexus... .then yes... .you need to stay involved and make sure the trade happens... .do not sign anything on her side... .but do what you can to set it up.

If you are no longer a joint owner on the lexus... .and you have your vehicle... .and that can't be undone... .then drop the issue.

Literally... .never speak of it again... .she wants to be financially separate... .then there is no reason to discuss finances.

I suspect... you are still on hook for lexus... .make sure to clarify this

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »

No, we were going to trade in the car toward my own car in my own name.  And then she was going to buy a car in her own name.  That was what we agreed to.  When I left the dealership with my new car last night and she had trouble doing a deal for hers, she was mad.  After they appraised the Lexus for the trade in, she ran down to look at a car.  I wanted to go with her, but even she told me to stay.  Later of course she threw it up to me.  She kept the Lexus over night and when it came time to trade it today, that is when she dysregulate do and said she was going to keep it until she found a vehicle and ultimately that wants to separate from me "forever".   . I know that's not true, but still.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 07:32:35 PM »

So... who owns the car that you are driving?

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »

Well, once the deal is done, me.  But I that deal is based on the Lexus being traded in.  If she won't, then I will have to go through the dealership for financing and don't know if they will since I have the other one in my name.  This is tough.  Again, I feel like she has me over a barrel.  I hate that she won't just do the right thing.
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »

when will she stop her crap?  I know that she has been doing better, but she says she wants to get rid of the "black and white issues"... .Yet she does everything she can to stay embroiled in them.  I know she loves me and doesn't want me to go anywhere, yet does crap to purposefully sabotage.  Yes I know it's her illness, just venting... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »

So... the dealership is letting you drive the car... .but it is up in the air if the deal is done?

How long can that go on?

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 07:38:14 AM »

So... the dealership is letting you drive the car... .but it is up in the air if the deal is done?

How long can that go on?

That is a great question.  If I don't hear from her today, I will have to do the deal through the dealership and have them find me financing without the Lexus as a trade in.  Not sure if they will. We will see.
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:56 AM »

My wife just texted me and said I need to return a glove that belongs to our son, that it is upsetting him and I need to do the right thing... .Unfortunately, I can't find it... Haven't answered... .I need to do the right thing?
sweetheart

Relationship status: Married, together 11 years. Not living together since June 2017, but still in a relationship.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »

Of course this is about the car ML not the glove!

Just text or phone saying you can't find the glove that's enough.

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

Of course this is about the car ML not the glove!

Just text or phone saying you can't find the glove that's enough.

To me, that is a diversion and a chance for her to further dysregulate.  Don't want to go there... .
sweetheart

Relationship status: Married, together 11 years. Not living together since June 2017, but still in a relationship.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

ML even if you respond re glove you don't have to enter in to her dysregulation that belongs to her.

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 10:51:53 AM »

I have written this but not sent it yet.  What do you think?

I can see how important the glove would be to our son because of what his grandfather meant to him.  It is extremely frustrating when things aren't returned to you when you've asked for them back several times.  I thought I knew where it was, however, I can't find it.  I am still looking for it and finding it is a priority.
sweetheart

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »

ML just try saying 'I've looked for the glove, but haven't found it yet will keep looking' or something like that keep it simple

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

I can see how important the glove would be to our son because of what his grandfather meant to him.  It is extremely frustrating when things aren't returned to you when you've asked for them back several times.   I am still looking for it and finding it is a priority.

I think this will be ok... .it's a bit of a dig at her... .but it is the truth.  If anything... I would shorten it more.  Don't tell her you can't find it... you are looking.

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

Already sent it.  She tried to say I deceived her.  Simply said I wasn't and that I would make finding it a priority.  She said, "Right.  Sooner rather than later".  I didn't respond till later and said, "Can you help me to understand why you are focusing on this rather than helping me solve the car situation?  It is hindering both of us and damaging our relationship with the credit union."  No response.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »

Which version did you send?

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:46 PM »

Maroon, the Lexus is in your name?  :)o you have an extra set of keys for it?
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »

FF, I sent this one:

I can see why he would be upset.  His grandfather means the world to him and the glove has sentimental value.  It is extremely frustrating when items aren't returned after asking for them back.  The glove wasn't where I thought it was and I am continuing to look for it.  I will make sure he gets it back as soon as I find it.

She asked me if I left it with the softball organization and I told her I have looked there and they are helping me also.  She said that I made her believe I knew where it was.  I told her that I believed that's where it was, so I had no intention of deceiving her and left it at that.

123Phoebe:

The Lexus is in both of our names.  No I don't have any keys for it and she would have to sign the title to trade it in.  
123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 05:01:57 PM »

123Phoebe:

The Lexus is in both of our names.  No I don't have any keys for it and she would have to sign the title to trade it in.  

Oh whoops, sorry   I read your first post in this thread and thought it was in your name.

Then I read the second one from GK and wondered what's stopping you from seeking legal council?  Maybe there's nothing you can do if she won't sign, I don't know.  I'd find out though from somebody who does know!

Sounds like she's jerked you around an awful lot... .  Remember, nobody can jerk us around unless we let them.  I hope your car loan goes through, otherwise might have to buy something else?  Plan B!
MaroonLiquid

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:39 AM »

Update:  We haven't spoken since day before yesterday and she didn't bring our daughter to softball practice last night either.  We have it again tonight, so we will see if she brings her.  I will not chase her and ask her where she is at.  She knows our daughter needs to be at practice. I think she doesn't want to face me at the moment.  Hopefully she was out looking for a vehicle last night.  Oh well.  Still waiting on the dealership to hear about their financing if she doesn't come through on the trade.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 10:07:19 AM »

How long do you get to drive the vehicle without a loan in place?

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 10:13:44 AM »

I guess until they can/can't get me a loan through their financing department.  I'm sure they will let me know next week at some point.  They see that I have the pre-approval through my credit union (even though it is contingent which they don't know), they aren't in that much of a hurry.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest