Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 11:30:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heroin addiction  (Read 447 times)
Shankz

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 26, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »

Few days ago me and my friends are searching some website about drug rehab because one of our friend’s daughter is addicted to heroin. His daughter’s addiction is getting worst, as a father he won’t let his daughter ruin her own life we search ton's of website till we found drug rehab Minnesota, after my friend read all the info about that rehab he decided to bring his daughter their but the first thing he need to do is to convince his daughter to go to rehab.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:29:37 PM »

Hi Shankz,

What is it about that particular program that appealed to your friend? Does it specifically help people with a heroin addiction, or is it perhaps a dual-diagnosis program for people with BPD and a substance abuse problem?

Breathe.
Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:48 PM »

Hello, Shankz, like livednlearned I'm also curious as to what led your friend to choose that particular Rehab for his daughter (not that there's anything wrong with that place; I live in a different state and have no knowledge of it in any way). Does his daughter have a mental illness, besides her Heroin Addiction? If so, if this Rehab is a Dual Diagnosis Program, then it would be very helpful to her.

My own adult (38) son also had a Heroin Addiction that lasted for a few years; he went through two "Regular Rehabs" within a 2 year period but relapsed within 6 months of being discharged from both of them. Luckily, in 2013) he was admitted to a Dual Diagnosis Program where they diagnosed him with BPD (he'd already been diagnosed with Suicidal Ideations, Social Anxiety, Depression, and ADD since he was 20 years old). That Program treated his BPD and other Diagnoses as the priority, and the drug addiction as co-morbid to them.

Properly treated, he has now been clean and sober for more than 2 years (yaaaay!), and probably wouldn't even be diagnosed with the BPD anymore... .He doesn't suffer from debilitating Depression anymore, and isn't suicidal. The only thing he is dealing with is the Social Anxiety, but is getting help for that and is improving. He's really a new man 

Just wanted to let you know that there is hope for your friend's daughter if she gets the proper diagnosis, proper treatment, and right Program to handle it. I wish your friend all the best, Shankz... .

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest