Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 12:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Responding To His Logical Argument/Critique  (Read 422 times)
Amber3

« on: May 11, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »

It’s been a few years since my r/s with my exUBPD. We’ve maintained very LC over the years, online and belong to the same writing site where we can put our writing up to be critiqued.

Okay, so I critiqued something of his (along with many other people), all went well. I put up something and he & others weighed in on it and I made some changes. However, he just critiqued it again and it reads like he’s annoyed that I won’t make certain connections by using a particular word to “help the reader”. He says that frustrates him.

He says things like: “using your logic”, and to “google the word”, because he did and found nothing to suggest what I had stated it could be... .

This all brings me back to those circular, logical arguments of “yesteryear” that I had no chance with... .argh!  I always wondered how I'd react to things after being here and learning all that I did about BPD and I do see that he is trying to be helpful. Smiling (click to insert in post)  I also see he truly is frustrated. As a writer, I don't want to frustrate people... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .but it is my creative piece.

He stops himself and says, “Okay, enough, please don’t hate me.” and says he wants my writing to be instinctual and I’m such a great writer, think of him as a semi-intelligent devil’s advocate and wants me to be writing from my “core.”

This is on a public forum, just like this one. How do I possibly respond?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest