Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comfort  (Read 371 times)
Yolanda123

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 13, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

Today I find a little comfort in his unhappines... .I realize it's not healthy and not constructive but that seems to be the only thing that makes this knot in my stomach go away and I'm sick of replaying this and that in my head and trying to make sense of something when I know there's no answers that will take the pain away. Knowing he will never be happy helps for now so I guess I'll go with it for now.

fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »

Hey Yolanda-

Detaching from and healing from these relationships is a process with several stages, and may I suggest that where you are is entirely healthy and constructive, in that it's part of the process.  What if you're exactly where you're supposed to be in that process?  There are five stages of grieving, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance, and it sounds like you're tired of the denial, meaning tired of replaying things in your head, hoping for a different outcome, looking for things you could have done better, trying to reframe things in a way that doesn't hurt, yes?  And now you might be entering the anger stage, with a little desire for revenge thrown in, if he's unhappy then that's good, and a little bit of acceptance that he is who he is and it won't change; the stages don't necessarily need to be in order and you might flip-flop around in them for a while.  And if you choose to believe you're exactly where you're supposed to be and decide to feel what you're feeling all the way without making yourself wrong or trying to change it, just feel it, it will pass.  The only way out is through, on the way to your bright future.
Yolanda123

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »

Thank you for the support and advice fromheeltoheal 
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 04:37:54 AM »

If and when fatty hits bottom I will take you all out for drinks. Username69  can get the second round. Lol

Hadlee
formerly busygall

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 05:03:58 AM »

Count me in on that too, Beach_Babe.  Hell... .I'll shout a few rounds Smiling (click to insert in post)
UserName69
AKA double_edge, Mr.Jason, Bradley101

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 05:06:42 PM »

If and when fatty hits bottom I will take you all out for drinks. Username69  can get the second round. Lol

You just reminded me of a person that had smelly feet and a body part that smelled like tuna. Did anyone order a Pizza Tuna?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest