Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 09:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A moment of joy  (Read 582 times)
Mel1968

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 01, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

Hi guys

I'm sitting here grinning and I just wanted to share my joy, instead of my usual angst... .

Had text/email conversation which lasted most of today where basically she gave me so much grief for the fact that she'd heard that I went OUT at the weekend ---how dare I? As any of you who've read my posts will have seen, she accuses me of sleeping with most people I come across, men and women. Anyway, I did a mixture of trying to follow the communication rules and getting embroiled, mainly due to FOG  I realise now, even though we're not even together and I should be able to go out...

But then. She told me that she'd been out with someone who has been a real issue for us both because she pursued ex. Ex contacted her and they went out. Nothing happened between them apparently ( and I do believe this) and ex clearly contacted her just to upset me, because she'd heard i'd gone out.

My initial reaction was fury at the hypocrisy (and I do still feel so cross about that, given all the grief she gives me about even speaking to shop assistants) but then the amazing thing happened--- I realised I didn't care! Genuinely! My first reaction was, ooh, that's a bit gross (woman is at least twenty years older and a bit of a predator)  and a bit sad, and I waited for the desperation to flood me that I'd always assumed would be the case at the thought of her and someone else... .and it hasn't yet! I feel like the magic has been broken, maybe  I'm no longer under her spell!

I'm not naive enough to think this is the end of it and I now just walk away and rebuild my life... .But however I feel in the future, I know that this was my initial reaction.

She's just sent me a text saying she's sorry that I'm hurt and I'm resisting the temptation to tell her I'm not hurt, I'm feeling joy!

Mel Smiling (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest