Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why were they attracted to us?  (Read 465 times)
gomez_addams

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Almost divorced

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 10:41:45 PM »

I don't have the answer, but it's a great question.

My T and I are working through the "how did I get myself into this situation" issue.  So that I don't repeat it.

By repeat I mean in a future romance/relationship, business, friendships, etc... .What is it about me that makes me susceptible to a highly validating person?  Because in the beginning -- when I was on that pedestal -- I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  And I have reason to believe that I've fallen for it in the past, although the relationships were short lived and didn't end in marriage.

I don't worry/care too much why she was attracted to me, though.  Why was I susceptible to someone with red flags that I missed (ignorantly or willingly)?  Because I do not want to go down this road again.

Gomez
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »

I think because I fed his ego.

boatman

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 06:32:46 AM »

Excerpt
I find myself ruminating a lot over the fact that I could have been anyone else, it did not matter to him... .and I have the strong impression that my exBPD does not have a clue who I truly am... .This in a Relationship where I had never felt so loved for who I was... .mirroring I know but it's so hard to wrap my head around this.

For all my ex cared my name could have been 463. I was an object filling a role for her, like someone uses a toaster to make toast. She has no emotional connection with her self so she isn't able to have one with anyone else.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama
zundertowz
Formerly thirdeye

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 07:09:18 AM »

From what I know about my exes life before we meet she did have options other than me... .she turned down some people and some people turned her down, although i'm pretty positive she slept with them all.  In my case I guess it was a combination of being available, good enough for her, and I believe I was the opposite of her last few BFs which were the narc types.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest