Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 06:33:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a hot mess today  (Read 416 times)
Yolanda123

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »

I can't even understand why - can't even describe what I feel I've just been crying uncontrollably for a few hours, feeling huge sadness & loneliness, just feeling horrible. It just hurts so bad. I thought just writing it here is gonna help me go through this wave and then feeling better after. I know I'm gonna feel better soon.

jhkbuzz

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:11:33 PM »

You will feel better soon, for sure.  I hated the emotional roller coaster - especially since the emotions seemed to come out of no where sometimes.

The good news is that, over time, the episodes will shorten, and occur less frequently.

But it does take time. 
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »

Hi Yolanda123,

I'm sorry to hear that   I agree that writing and sharing here helps.

Was there something that triggered this sadness today?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Yolanda123

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Hi Mutt,

I think part of it is the memories coming up. I had one of my best friends & her boyfriend over to my house yesterday, we had a nice hot summer pool day. It naturally reminded me of a day last summer when me & my exBPDbf had them over. We were around 6 months into the r/s (still in the idealization phase), I remember at the end of that day I thought: This must have been one the best days of my life, just hanging out with good friends, enjoying the summer, and having found the man of my life, a smart, sensitive, caring, funny man. There was such a connection between us, fun and tenderness. The memories are very vivid and painful today. My head knows now that this was the BPD love-bombing phase, and I had no idea what was in store for me in the coming months, that it had nothing to do with love but it's just difficult to let go of this some days I guess.

I guess that, mixed with the realization that after 5 weeks post b/u I'm still feeling so raw, still trying to make sense of this, while I'm probably just a distant memory for him, he's probably now love-bombing someone else, having also uncovered some lies of him last week, the anxiety of  awaiting my STD test results, I just have an overwhelming sense of what a fool I've been and I wish I could erase the last 1 year and 1/2 of my life and that I could erase the memories and erase him.
Yolanda123

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

Excerpt
Posted by: jhkbuzz 

Insert Quote

You will feel better soon, for sure.  I hated the emotional roller coaster - especially since the emotions seemed to come out of no where sometimes.

The good news is that, over time, the episodes will shorten, and occur less frequently.

But it does take time.

Thanks jhkbuzz - it gives me hope that things get better to hear that  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »

Hi Yolanda123,

I can see how that would be triggering having your best friend and her boyfriend over triggered thoughts about the infatuation phase and how wonderful everything was  A year and a half ago is not very long ago and I can see now hard it is to let those feelings go. I think that crying is a part of grieving the loss of a relationship.

Where do you see yourself on the grieving wheel?

PERSPECTIVES: The Five Stages of Grieving a Relationship Loss

I can see how scary that would be waiting for the results of an STD test. I am sorry your going through this. I believe your get the results this week and I hope that it's something that is treatable.

Have you heard about mindfulness to relieve anxiety and stress with shifting our thoughts and observing our behaviors in real time?

Yolanda123

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »

Hi Mutt

I suppose that I went through the denial and bargaining stages during the last months of the r/s, trying to make things work despite the chaos, the lies and lack of respect, hoping for the return of the great guy/Relationship and recycling. Post b/u and Learning about BPD, I am alternating between depression, anger and acceptance. 

Excerpt
Have you heard about mindfulness to relieve anxiety and stress with shifting our thoughts and observing our behaviors in real time?

I made a little research and what I understand is it means accepting the feelings when they come, not trying to deny them or judge them, let them come and go and focus on the present moment, not the past or the future... .? I might me completely off, not thinking straight today  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Thanks Mutt for the support
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 04:18:26 PM »

I made a little research and what I understand is it means accepting the feelings when they come, not trying to deny them or judge them, let them come and go and focus on the present moment, not the past or the future... .? I might me completely off, not thinking straight today  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

You're welcome Yolanda123. You are correct with mindfulness.

Excerpt
“Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” - Piglet

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – Winnie the Pooh

Yolanda123

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

Excerpt
Posted by: Mutt

“Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” - Piglet

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – Winnie the Pooh

Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest