Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 29, 2024, 06:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just separated from newly diagnosed BPD husband  (Read 438 times)
Margarita

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 15, 2015, 06:10:45 AM »

My husband has recently been diagnosed with BPD. It has been a tenuous marriage/ relationship for 12 years. I called a separation because I couldn't cope anymore. He has always been bad but more so in the last 12 months after the purchase of a house.  I think stress is a major trigger for him.  I have bore the entire brunt of his fierce emotions and I feel broken. I want more than anything to be there for him but the blame and guilt I feel from him makes him so hard to love.  We have a son & right now it's about self preservation for myself & him. But I feel so guilty, lonely, helpless, frustrated and scared. Nothing I do or say makes any difference and my every action is scrutinised by him. I am always doing wrong by him no matter what I do. I could go on forever but maybe that's enough for now. Thanks for listening
Herodias

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 07:43:59 AM »

We understand your pain here... .My husband of 7 years acted out in the worst way after we purchased a home. Then decided it was the home that was causing his stress, along with me and could't wait to get rid of both of us! We sold the house and are now separated to be divorced in Jan. He is living with his new gf already, since he cannot be alone. He is acting like he is not having any "incidents" now that the "stress" is out of his life. It's all horrible. Horrible what we endured and hard to deal with the end. Keep reading here and posting, it is very helpful... .sorry you are going through this as well. Learn what you can, knowledge is power.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »

Hey Margarita, Welcome, you have come to a great place.  I echo Herodias: we understand your pain.  I was once in your shoes after separating from my BPDxW after 13 turbulent years of marriage, with two kids.  If I can make a suggestion, it would be to focus on yourself, for a change.  Try to let go of the guilt and blame, which are part of the F-O-G (fear, obligation and guilt) that a pwBPD uses to manipulate a Non.  Take good care of yourself, which is something you probably neglected during your marriage.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Margarita

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:12:35 AM »

Thanks Lucky Jim & Herodias

I'm madly trying to practice detachment and self preservation, but my gosh it's so hard when you still love the BPDh. & everything just effects you. Am I an absolute fool? I know I'm not but... .BPDh Flew home from work last night. He is FIFO. Came home today when I was at work and our s8 at school. When I got home after work I was to find every family/wedding photo taken off walls & hidden, & all my bathroom cosmetics thrown all around the bathroom. I want no part in these games any more.  I'm going to stop the fight as of now & not be enticed into emotional battles that he enjoys so much. You hurt me I'll hurt you.

(he's angry because I said I needed a break & told him to move out) He has just started treatment. Only 3 sessions in but inconsistent with FIFO work. He has also just been made redundant. More highly stressful situations which he can't cope with. When it rains it pours!

The fight stops now though I'm going to try to be the better person. Show morals. Self respect. Empathy. Boundaries. Detachment.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »

Excerpt
When I got home after work I was to find every family/wedding photo taken off walls & hidden, & all my bathroom cosmetics thrown all around the bathroom. I want no part in these games any more.

Hey Margarita, I've been there, believe me.  Your BPDh is acting out on his turbulent emotions.  It's a form of bullying.  Try to stay above the fray and don't engage.  It's tough to practice detachment, I know, but it's the path that leads through the forest.  Suggest you focus on yourself and your needs, which you seem to be doing.  Like that list at the end of your Post.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest