Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 03:51:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seems I spoke too soon  (Read 454 times)
Corgicuddler95

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »

I expect she will stay away for sometime and I'm ok with that. I need months to truely detatch from it and she needs to get serious help, not that I think I'll ever be able to trust her again.

I guess right now I'm just worried about how she might paint me to our mutual friends, though I trust most of them. Hopefully it won't be a problem, I've talked to a lot of people about the break up but I've gone out of my way to not try to make her seem like the villain.
Corgicuddler95

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »

Since she also mentioned finding my behaviour "terrifying" and tweeted not long before block me about being afraid, I fear for some reason she sees me a threat which has no basis.
oletimefeelin

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 09:52:07 PM »

I am curious how things were left with her that the next day you're checking in to find out how her day is going.  :)id you assume you were trying to get back together?  Trying to be friends?  It reads like one of these.  If so, you need to lay back and let her come to you some.

I tried to make it clear that I was trying to move on but also stay in touch. She seemed to understand that.[/quote]
Yeah, so, don't straddle the fence.  It's good practice in life, but even more so when dealing with a borderline. Move on but stay in touch is a confusing message.  Especially so for someone who can't process emotions like your ex.
myself

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »

Corgi... .Most if not all of your friends will know who you really are, and would take what she said during a break up period with a huge grain of salt. Knowing you're not some kind of 'monster', to her or anyone. My ex would also say things like she was "scared", which seemed like a catch-all phrase meaning, "I'm freaking out and it can't be me that's the reason so it must be you I need to run from/blame." What are pwBPD really afraid of? Intimacy. Who's more scary in that kind of situation than the person who is/was (trying to be) closest to them? Keep believing in yourself while detaching.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest