Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "I just don't want to be in a relationship"  (Read 351 times)
Corgicuddler95

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 29, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »

This was something my ex said to me as one of the main reasons for the break up and I've been wondering how much that can be connected to her BPD.

I know she has close friends to whom she talks about emotional stuff online and she has expressed the desire to have non-relationship sex with people. Is it possible she just can't comprehend relying on one person for both those things? Similarly as our relationship became more emotionally dependent the physical side dwindled.
patientandclear

Relationship status: single

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 02:57:35 PM »

Yes. It makes a certain amount of sense. If one person is close in all those ways it could feel oppressive and overwhelming, especially if you have a very fragile and easily overwhelmed self. And the risk if something goes wrong is very great. It would feel like someone else would be in a position to destroy you.
Corgicuddler95

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »

I guess I just have to try and detatch any blame from her when she apparently felt like this all along.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest