Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 03:20:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody can guess what this is about?  (Read 506 times)
Marshmellow
« on: November 16, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »

Broke it off with BPD/NPD ex bf after 6 mos of dating over 2 mos ago because of verbal emotional abuse, emotional unavailability lying etc.

I went no contact for a month, then very nicely asked to mail my things back, which he said was no problem, in fact would be happy to do so.

A month goes by... still nothing...

I sent a firm but nice email again requesting my things, with same reply back from him. He knows I'm moving, and going away for holidays, ( included in mail) yet still won't say when he will mail.

I even noted he could send C.O.D. but no effort in to follow through on. I realize this is a control move, but I'm so aggravated at him, I want to just say forget it . Is this passive aggression, and what does he expect to get out of with holding?

Thanks for any insight it's so exhausting!

Oh and after I ask the second time,... through email... he replied back... that I should come visit sometime...   pure craziness! 
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »

Hi Marshmellow,

Oh and after I ask the second time,... through email... he replied back... that I should come visit sometime...  pure craziness!

A pwBPD have disturbed attachment patterns. I don't think that it's passive aggressive, I think it's avoidancy.

Are these valuable things? Are they replaceable?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
guy4caligirl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:27:13 PM »

It happened to me ,I never got them back , I think also an avoidance and they  only remember what they want to remember .

Simply nothing against you !
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:33 PM »

i agree with everyone else, and it happened to me as well. i spent a few months at it, and even thought i was making progress.

the exchange of belongings may trigger the sense of abandonment in a pwBPD. its incredibly difficult. i agree that unless (and in some cases even if) these things have major value, write them off. it can hurt to do so, or at least it did for me and hell, id still like a few things back; in the long term it helped get me further to detachment and freedom.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
cosmonaut

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »

These sorts of things are very hard to understand, because most of us don't experience reality in the way that our ex does.  Once we have become a trigger, and we inevitably become a trigger sooner or later, our partner seeks to distance themselves from that trigger in order to escape the overwhelming emotions involved.  So, they push us away.  They ignore us.  They go silent.  They disappear.  It's a very primitive coping mechanism from people who just don't have any better tools to survive life with such extreme emotions.  I suspect that's why your ex isn't cooperating with you on returning your things - it's just too triggering (which is to say too emotional).
Should I stay or...

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: SO

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »

These sorts of things are very hard to understand, because most of us don't experience reality in the way that our ex does.  Once we have become a trigger, and we inevitably become a trigger sooner or later, our partner seeks to distance themselves from that trigger in order to escape the overwhelming emotions involved.  So, they push us away.  They ignore us.  They go silent.  They disappear.  It's a very primitive coping mechanism from people who just don't have any better tools to survive life with such extreme emotions.  I suspect that's why your ex isn't cooperating with you on returning your things - it's just too triggering (which is to say too emotional).

Cosmo, this rings true... .I had always felt that it was easier for my ex to be out of the relationship then in it! I believed it was possibly due to the emotional consequences that come along with an adult accountability, right?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest