Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:51:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Escalated to Physical Abuse  (Read 366 times)
Lotus1976

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 09, 2015, 10:52:49 PM »

I finally know it has to be over. We have been dating for about a year. On many occasions when he would become upset, I was verbally attacked and insulted. Then, it moved to name calling. Finally, during a jealous episode, he pulled my hair, drug me around, and shoved me and put shaving cream all over my head and face. It's been 4 days and I've been really traumatized. I left the relationship and will not go back. I was overlooking his verbal episodes and made excuses because of his BPD. I feel lucky to be alive. He was a " nice" " nurturing" man and one who ultimately became dangerously violent. I wanted everyone here to know this is a real thing. He split from himself and was in total psychosis. I will or go back. Please send prayers. I need them as I'm differencing PTSD symptoms and I'm still in shock.
steelwork

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:59:30 PM »

Please take care, stay safe, and check in when you can.

So glad you're out.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:25:31 AM »

Lotus,

That is a shocking turn of events. Are you safe now, and have taken steps to stay safe? What support do you have (who else knows about this)?

T

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Lotus1976

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »

Yes, I am safe and out. I went to see my therapist and I've told my mother and two closest friends. I am still in shock and it feels like I'm out of my body. I wouldn't wish this in anyone. How can someone be so nice and nurturing and loving and then turn around and verbally and psychically attack you? Bpd cannot be a reason or excuse. He could've killed me. He wasn't in his right mind. Very scary!
abq1980

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:31:39 AM »

Lotus, I am sorry you are going through this.  Unfortunately, the pattern you describe is what abusers do.  I was a victim of domestic violence by my ex wife.  She wasn't that way at first, but eventually her verbal rages became physical. I didn't tell anyone about the physical abuse until after she filed for divorce.  I was too ashamed and embarassed that I prosecuted people daily for domestic violence, but I was too afraid to confront my own wife about her issues.  I feel into the trap of believing her that she would get help and get better.  If I would have called police, she would have divorced me on the spot.  It also would have meant jeopardizing her license to practice medicine.  I did not want either one to happen and I foolishly believed she would change.

I have just recently found a therapist who has extensive knowledge of domestic violence, and she has even taught classes on the subject.  I am hoping that I will gain the insight to make sure that I don't fall into the same trap again. 

Lotus, have you contacted police about the incident?  It's not too late to do so.  It may be the best thing for him to have charges filed.  Maybe he will finally try to modify his behavior.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest