Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Karma Continues  (Read 431 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 14, 2016, 07:44:56 PM »

I am shocked... .He just lost his position! He said he is now back to being a stock clerk like he was when I met him! No longer a manager- He knows I am not even sure I can believe him... .so he emailed me that I can call the store to find out! This is incredible how he is spiraling downward. It's kind of sad really. He said he is screwed. I hope he realizes this is what happens when you are not doing the right things by people.  
jujux15

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:04 PM »

I am shocked... .He just lost his position! He said he is now back to being a stock clerk like he was when I met him! No longer a manager- He knows I am not even sure I can believe him... .so he emailed me that I can call the store to find out! This is incredible how he is spiraling downward. It's kind of sad really. He said he is screwed. I hope he realizes this is what happens when you are not doing the right things by people. 

A week or so after we broke up I found out my ex crashed her new car her parents bought. Didn't even have it for a year, they were already hesitant to buy it, I doubt she's getting another any time soon
Itstopsnow

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:50:43 PM »

At least you have some knowledge of what's going on. I feel so bad in deep depression and I have no clue to what he is doing. Likely dating 3,4, girls and getting in deeper debt. Wonder if they'll hire him full time as a teacher. He was yelling at the kids he told me . I hope they don't hire him. He doesn't even like kids. He hardly would interact with his nephews . All red flags I ignored . That's huge! I should have spotted that
Rayban

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »

Self destruction at it's finest
hopealways
aka moving4ward

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 10:43:35 PM »

At least you have some knowledge of what's going on. I feel so bad in deep depression and I have no clue to what he is doing. Likely dating 3,4, girls and getting in deeper debt. Wonder if they'll hire him full time as a teacher. He was yelling at the kids he told me . I hope they don't hire him. He doesn't even like kids. He hardly would interact with his nephews . All red flags I ignored . That's huge! I should have spotted that

I sometimes wonder if not knowing is worse than knowing. Because I have no clue what she is doing and refuse to find out so then of course I think all the same things you are thinking when it may not even be true. And then I get mad at myself for even wondering. AGHHHHH!
StillRecovering

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:06 PM »

I sometimes wonder if not knowing is worse than knowing. Because I have no clue what she is doing and refuse to find out so then of course I think all the same things you are thinking when it may not even be true. And then I get mad at myself for even wondering. AGHHHHH!

I choose not to know and I am better off for it.  My mind may wonder, but I keep it in check because truly no good can come of any further knowledge or interaction.
Herodias

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »

I don't know either... .I didn't sleep well last night at all! I wonder how this will affect me financially and the whole divorce. I still wonder how this happened if he chose to step down or got demoted. Pretty sure he was demoted but he lies so much I never know with him. I wonder if the pregnant gf is upset by this news. One answer leads to more questions unfortunately.
rarsweet

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 06:30:07 AM »

Karma really does roll around if you step back and take care of yourself and let them be. Don't waste your time and energy getting back  at them, they get back at themselves.
Confused108

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 10:46:48 AM »

Wow ! Well Karma does seem to come around to ppl who treat others badly. My ex has her own business. She is a makeup artist. So she had told me that when she gives consultations to ppl she wil out right tell them they look like Sh*t! I was in shock! You can't go around and tell ppl that! Well I went on her Yelp business page and sure enough in Sept just days of breaking off with me a customer left a very very negative review for her. About treating her customers like filth and how she does not know why ppl pay her for her service. They also claimed they their eye brows were crooked etc. .This customer really ripped my ex a new one. Yup Karma Karma! And there will be more I'm sure!

abq1980

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »

BH- I have been following your story for some time now.  I am sorry for what you have gone through.

I am an attorney, but I want to make it clear, I am not officially giving you legal advice on what to do.  My understanding of the situation is that you are currently going through a divorce but the divorce is not final yet.  It's also my understanding that he recently received a demotion at work, which I assume has led to a smaller paycheck for him.  Is that correct?

I live in a community property state, which means that during the marriage (and the divorce process) everything that both partners make during the marriage is split equally with each other (this also applies to debt as well).  That means that if one partner makes one million a year and the other stays at home and does not bring in an income, the earnings are still split equally.  For you, as long as the divorce is not final yet, everything you earn and everything he earns is split equally.  So, if he has recently received a deduction in pay, that is hurting you as well. Each state has their own laws, but if you live in a community property state, the above would be true.  Hope that helps.  Feel free to send me a private message with questions if you would like me to elaborate.
Herodias

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »

Thank you abq1980 for your advice. Luckily we have already done a separation agreement which settled the debt and alimony, etc... .At this point I'm just waiting to file for divorce, which my attorney is handling... .My understanding is it cannot be changed... .He can take me to court over it, but he doesn't have the money and because there isn't child support there shouldn't be any set back. My fear is that he won't pay me what he owes me and I would have to take him to court. I'll look like the bad guy putting him in jail if he doesn't comply!
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »

Herodias

The courts, you and your ex would make a triangle. He would really be the bad guy here right? It's his choice to comply or not to comply. Take care of you.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Teereese

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »

Karma does continue.

My stbxh is fixated on taking my car. Prior to filing, he took my keys while I was sleeping and listed the car for sale online.

Since filing, he has attempted to have L order the car back to him several times.

He is spending his money recklessly, so when his vehicle required repairs, he sold it, over less than 1k in repairs. Of course, he wanted to take my car because that solves his problem. Nevermind that I had just put a bit of money into repairs/maintenance/new tires.

He then obtained a 25+ year old car and totalled it within a month. Details are not forthcoming, as there was likely alcohol in play and his face was bandaged for quite some time following. Luckily, no one else was hurt. It apparently was a one car accident. Again, taking my car will fix his problems.

He doesn't see karma at play and karma will continue.

It is self destruction and self sabotage at it's finest.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest