Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 11:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really Strange Birthday Wish- a month early  (Read 387 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 22, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »

Out of the blue today he sent me a text message that said "Happy early birthday!"... .I said, "gee thanks... .a month early." He said, "I am trying"... .I said, "trying what exactly is the question" with an upside down emojis smiley face... .He said," that's cool how it's upside down".  He asked how my day was and I said I was still working. He said he was too... .that was it. I got an email from my lawyer with the letter she is going to send him. She made it sound like she was going to send it ASAP... .I had to approve it, but I saw a few things that need to change. So I am waiting for a response from her.  Still nothing. I don't know how he is going to take all of this... .I think it's really strange how he is behaving. I see how he is not going to be faithful to anyone though. Maybe reality of what he has done is starting to kick in. He doesn't seem very "happy in his new life" to me if he is wishing me happy birthday a month in advance!
C.Stein

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »

Hey ... .Happy month early birthday!   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Maybe he senses what is coming from the lawyer and wanted to put the happy birthday out there now before he paints you black again?   Smiling (click to insert in post) Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Herodias

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »

Maybe... .he just sent me an old picture of us out at a concert together! I am not responding!
C.Stein

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »

Maybe... .he just sent me an old picture of us out at a concert together! I am not responding!

A possible sign things are not right with him right now.  He's looking for you to make him feel good again ... don't give in.
Herodias

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

Thanks... .I am trying! I am torn between ignoring him and making a snide comment. I guess the snide comment would be narc supply really. I want to say to him that he should not be conjuring up memories with me when he is in a relationship with someone else. But I should not have to tell him what to do. I want to tell him (as a comment on all of his memories he is sending out)  " I will always cherish the time we had... .but that was  before I knew you were an ass" ... .but that's not nice- but why do I care?  I figure if I ignore him, he will think I am busy. This is crazy... .part of me likes that I am seeing that he is not faithful to her and I admit that. The other part of me wants to lash out, but know there is no point. I am torn... .
mywifecrazy

Relationship status: Divorced

Picking myself off the canvas for the last time!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »

Ignore him. Don't engage, he wants a reaction good or bad to know he can still get supply from you. Don't waste your time showing him how his behavior is bad its a waste of your energy.

MWC... .  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Oh and Merry Christmas 2016 to you and yours   Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post)

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18, 19)
AsGoodAsItGets

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:19 PM »

They go back and forth in emotions.  Even with liking and hating themselves.  One BPD I know of had two kids from separate partners, now they are engaged.  Two months earlier they were trying to convince their ex, they were mentioned to be together.  Feel bad, because the new partner is ether BPD, or was a side lover who doesn't know who they are really marrying.  Sorry about your struggle, now your smarter and can do what's best for you.  Also congrats for not seeming vengeful of hateful.  Growing as a decent human being isn't easy, BPD or not
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest