Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Poll
Question: Will she come back to me after all this nonsense. .?
She will move on to the next guy and never look back like she had said earlier - 4 (57.1%)
She t - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will she come back?  (Read 2092 times)
Ashwin

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »

Call me a glutton for punishment ... .but does anyone here think that she will come back ... .? If so what should I do. ... .

Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

wanttoknowmore

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 05:09:08 PM »

Aswin. 

I see your emotional pain and suffering in your posts and therefore I have this urge to respond to your posts.

You have a false belief that this one woman is key to your happiness... .a total false belief... .but I understand how it feel when a pwBPD leaves and leaves you in shock.

Happiness is within you and its your responsibility to make yourself happy.

I see why she might not be attracted again to you:

(1) you come across as a weak and timid guy who lacks self confidence and capacity to show to her that you have "balls of steel" and know how to live and enjoy life.

(2) your constant thinking obsessively to get her back ... itself is a problem as she might perceive it as weakness and desperateness. She loses attraction.

Not just pwBPD, almost all women get attracted to strong, self confident man who refuses to take "___" and knows how to walk away and still be happy.

As far your question... .if she will ever come back... .my answer is YES if you stop all ways of contact ... .I mean all  and make her realize that you have guts to leave and move on.

Be a strong man... by putting your energy into your work... .develop your personality, make muscles and groom and laugh (hide your pain and appear strong ) In subtle manner news of these changes ... .new and evolved you might reach her indirect way. She might start thinking you are a strong guy and know how to get off the ground.

And, if you have a huge amount of money and gift a big chunk as gifts to your sister and her close friends... .pwBPD will think ,she might have lost a great guy.

Like all women, pwBPD love a strong ,confident, smart and resourceful man who does not need a woman's shoulder to cry ... .but is very independent, a have ability to provide guidance and a shoulder to his woman... .

I see you come across as this beaten down, weak ,loser man... .no woman can respect... .and mark my words... if a woman can not respect a man... .she has great difficulty loving that man.

Lastly, my sincere advice... .STOP PITY PARTY... .BE THE REAL MAN ... .BUILD YOURSELF... .if she returns fine ... if not you will be loved by some loving woman who will be able to respect you and therefore easily love you.

Please don't feel I am attacking you... .you really need to a man with strong mind and balls of steel.
Notwendy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »

I wanted to respond to wanttoknowmore's message that I agree with in part- to take care of yourself and build yourself up but what concerned me was the indirect messages to the ex through the sister, especially buying gifts to show you have money. Would you really want someone to be in a relationship with you for your money?  Would you be left wondering if that someone liked you or only your money? Also any indirect messaging or doing things with intent to influence someone else is a basis for co-dependency and although it may attract your ex, the same kinds of relationship issues that are causing you to be distressed may continue.

But if you want to work with a therapist to heal your wounds, learn to be emotionally healthy for yourself and  then be open to attract someone who is also capable of an emotionally healthy relationship,  then I think working with a counselor to be that person, is an idea to pursue.
wanttoknowmore

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

Thanks NotWendy for clarifying.  

In fact what I meant to say is to show her that you are hardworking, resourceful, kind and generous (gifts being symbols of  generocity) .

Symbolically, indicating to her that you are strong , independent ... yet kind and generous and she can count on you for support  and consistency.

My main point was not to come across as weak and needy as it scares a pwBPD as she wants to be taken care of.

Its a trade of (just like any other relationship) ... .if you enjoy her as your partner and in return ,are willing to do what it takes to deal with the chaos which comes with pwBPD, that's its OK.

Its your choice.
Notwendy

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »

I agree- weak and needy is not attractive to people in general- not just women with BPD. I encourage ASHWIN to get help to be emotionally stronger - regardless of her decision - it will help him.
Ashwin

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »

Thank u folks for ur input it's a tad bit too unsavory for me right now. ... .but considering what i was.a few months ago I have reached a point where my concious part has begun to realise that anything that I might do to convince her will be seen as a threat and used against me ... .through my sister but still subconsciously I still haven't gotten over her ... .it's like my mind is tuned only to think of the good times and it's sort of phasing out the nasty ones... .like how u told maybe the subconscious is tricking me into thinking that this woman is the key to my happiness. ... .but consciously it tells me otherwise ... .I wake up sometimes still missing her terribly ... .feeling lost and thinking about what if the same old girl was in my life? ? It's a real herculean task to suppress those emotions. . My folks are infact telling me that I should consider myself lucky that I got out of the relationship quite easily. ... .I don't know what they mean to imply. ... .

I admit I  was  infact too childish ... .earlier on but now my perceptions have changed of things. ... .I mean I have seen reality and I feel scared I have always depended on someone to take my decisions for me ... .yeah I'm quite incapable of that but nowadays I feel that I have changed atleast to a certain extent ...

I'm so into this karma bull___ that I used to feel rotten for treating her that way ... .but I have learnt it the hard way that certain things are beyond ur control and whatever is meant to happen will happen. ...

I felt sad for her when she told me about her ex bf treating her so bad thrashing her n all that ... .she even told me that she has left all her trouble to Jesus and he will see to it that they are dealt with ... .she even told me that she would have lodged a police report on het ex but then again thought about her exs family and didn't do so... .quite something isn't it I mean her now telling my sister that she would lodge a police report on me for harassment. ... haha quite something right. ...

At this juncture even though I sometimes yearn for her ... .I have begun to feel that maybe I am better of without her In my life ... .because it's not always that I can stand her mood swings. ... I mean no sane person can ... .I understand that I do have some self esteem issues but that doesn't exactly qualify me to be her toy for abuse... .no I can't

I have dated 5 girls in the past year all of them swooning over me ... .but even then my primal instinct used to hint of a possibility of cheating. . I know what a loser I am right? ?

My conscience only brings time and again back just one episode when my dad was admitted I haf no one for moral support just her she used to be there for me ... .I mean I cannot forget that ...

She used to insinuate sex often but then I used to tell her that iam not ready for it and that we'll have it after marriage ... .haha I know what u are thinking what a loser right. .she forced me into having sex with her when my dad was in the hospital yeah I am shamelessly admitting that thing ... .she told me if u really love me as how u profess so make love to me... .

Believe me there used to be touchy touchy Feely Feely but never got into the actual act even though she used to request for it.

I was suicidal a couple of months ago ... .yeah being a surgeon I do have  access to medications that can ensure a painless exit ... .my anesthesiologist was quite concerned and took me to a psychiatrist anf he told me something he said that after I told him about her and her past ... .he said that this girl is impulsive by nature and give it some time and she will come back to me ... .this was in January this year ... .by sheer happenstance I happened to stumble upon this site and till about last month I used to go thru all the posts without joining but her attitude made me join this group. ... .and I am really happy for the f

Good folks taking time off their busy schedules to jot down their opinion ... .let me tell u guys I haven't met you or I guess neither will I ? But i am eternally grateful for ur support ... .I guess a shot of reality every now n then brings you to ground level ... .

Despite all this her last warning was on the 16th of April ... .the masochistic personality in me still longs for her ... .

P.s ... .my psychiatrist told me that she is an impulsive female and that she will realize her mistakes and get back to me which she hasn't ... .he wanted me to take some meds which I didn't I mean there is only one thing that I am good at really good at that's surgeries ... .I cannot let some stupid meds get in the way of my surgeries. ...

Thank you guys  ... .people who are reading this post please I am begging u guys to jot down whatever you guys feel ... .tq
Ashwin

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »

Thank u wanttoknowmore and not wendy... .guys words can't describe my gratitude for ur words of wisdom. ...
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »

Hi ASHWIN,

You are not a loser. Thinking that about yourself may be a big reason why you're in the predicament you're in right now.

You had a really really tough experience as a child, and adults who were not giving you the kind of validation and security you needed as a child, especially after such a significant loss. It's possible that no one helped you process the grief, and it sounds like your dad's way of dealing with his own heartache was to have sex with many women. You had no one to help you through that very difficult time, and it probably left a big hole in your heart.

Sometimes we are more vulnerable to BPD relationships because the size of the need we have. People with BPD have an unstable sense of self, and for a short period of time, your ex was able to be who you needed her to be. Being someone else for a while is not something she could sustain, and you started to see a different person.

What you long for is the feeling of someone being everything you need, and for someone who is BPD, that is not sustainable. In fact, it's the opposite.

To be with her, if she ever came back, you would have to work on yourself to the point where you never again say or feel that you are a loser.She needs someone very (very) strong and resilient, someone who is not needy. For some of this, this can be an entire evolution of personality, doing very difficult and deep work to understand why we feel less than whole.

At this moment in time, she has split you so black (i.e. made threats) that you put yourself in danger if you try to get back with her. Use this time to work on yourself. Learn to feel good about the man you are. Fill the hole with your own love.

If this woman comes back to you, make sure you have a good therapist in your life to help you. Therapists who work with pwBPD have their own therapists. It takes emotional strength to be in these relationships and anything less is very painful and toxic to the relationship. You have a demanding job with a lot of responsibility and she would likely feel abandonment when you made work a priority, as she did before.

Your sister did you a great favor by not disclosing the nature of the text messages. If you are struggling with your feelings of attachment to this woman, come here and we'll walk alongside you. Find a good therapist who will help you piece together why the compulsive urges. You did not drive her away, you are not the cause of the break up. While you could've done things to mitigate the conflict, she was, and is, and will always be BPD, someone with a profound fear of abandonment and a tremendous amount of pain that she carries with her, and has been carrying around before you came into the picture.

The best thing you can do is take care of yourself and get centered. Right now you're pretty close to the ledge and that is not a good place to be in even if she did come back. In a matter of time, you two would be in the same place. She would need you to be stable and grounded and centered and even-keeled whether she is unhinged or not.

Breathe.
Ashwin

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:50 PM »

Thank you livednlearned ... .

I just need one more favor ... .can u guys tell me about me going and asking my friends to get her details and confronting her about her past was a wrong thing to do? ?

I mean I now know that past is something which is best left forgotten ... .did I commit a major blunder in digging up her past ... .had this been a normal human being what would have they done ? I am a hopeless romantic and a saviour ... .I have run into a lot of trouble trying to be a rescuer be it financial or work related ... .

I cannot see people who are suffering I used to pay for my patients medical expenses sometimes going overboard financially ending up with almost nothing in the bank... .

Thinking back although our relationship lasted only 6 or 7 months ... .i still remember she used to even be awestruck about the way I smoked a cigarette. ... she used to say that I have a peculiar and brilliant way of holding a cigarette. ... I mean come on a the way I dress, the way I spoke the way I did whatever was just phenomenal according to her suddenly the inferior trait in me became superior ... .

Then slowly the axe started coming down I was just madly in love with this female ... my dad after he came back from the hospital was a bit of a  handful to bear ... .he used to lose his cool on and off ... .once he had gone out with his friends that's when I took out his brand new bmw  out for a spin when i got back home he was there fretting and fuming I got it stomach full from him and this happened in front of her and I was quite scared the way he was acting out ... .I guess she sensed my fear ... .from then on she started taking liberties with me giving me ultimatums and frankly I was just becoming sick ... .so finally when I left for my training she was picking on me almost daily I got so immersed into my work that I stopped caring two hoots for her tantrums ... then she started hurling curses calling me a user cheater liar I mean come on what little respect I wasn't getting from my folks or my ex ... .my so called friends patients and other health care workers were looking uto me as if I am some sort of a great surgeon. ... I mean that was quite addictive ... .I was popular at work I still am

That's when she started saying things like u better go n die why are u alive ur sister Hates you ... your father hates you they don't want you back blah blah blah ... .don't be a burden to them ... .I lost my cool and blew my top that's when she mercilessly blocked me and the silent treatment started ... .

A year later that's now when I asked my dad n sis they tell me that they have never spoken anything ill about me to her atall... .

I had a long chat with my dad and he tells me that it's a blessing in disguise that she left because had she and I been married " son you would have been a nervous wreck" that's what he said ... .

For me my dad n sister come first they are all I have but my ex used to constantly nag me saying that I just love my dad and not her ... .she used to say I know one day you will leave me ... .alll my relationships have lasted only 6 months ... .I know you too will leave. ...

The sane part of me keeps reminding me that she will nevr be happy with whatever I do and she will keep finding faults with me had we been together. ... but the other part longs for her ... .and the balanced side of me is just lost... .

Ashwin

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 11:41:50 PM »

Guys let me remind you that I don't like assassinating her character even though she is an anonymous person to you all ... .I just want some closure that's all. .

She had a picture of mine in her wallet and coupled with a few other things that I gave her ... .she returned them to my sister long ago itself ... .she made me keep her picture in my wallet and a few other things ... .I just want to hand them over but am in no position to do so ... .

We me n my ex went and bought two pups one german shepherd and a pomapoo ... .they are grown now and are with me ... .whenever I see them I am reminded about her ... .I wanted to give them away but my dad n sis have become so attached to them ... .so there is no way there too... .all these mementos are keeping her memories alive in me ... .

Notwendy

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 06:43:36 AM »

ASWIN,

It is understandable that you have these strong feelings, and you can wish she would come back into your life, but nobody can say that she will or she won't- because nobody can read the mind of another person. She may, or she may not. If anyone responds to your poll, they are just guessing. We don't have any more ability to know than you do. Although people with BPD can have similar behaviors, each is a unique individual with a mind of their own, and they make their own choices. Some questions- have no absolute answers. Polling us for an answer to this question is putting your own answer in the hands of total strangers. Other people can say "no, move on" or "yes, wait", but the best answer for you is the one you choose to pursue for your own best interest, and if you don't know, therapists are skilled in helping people arrive at these kinds of decisions.

All we can do is make choices with what we know. At the moment, she has chosen to not be with you and it has been a year. I understand wanting closure, but sometimes we don't get absolutely clear closure in a relationship. If we want to recover, we have to make our own choices, even without clear closure. Going through thinking "if only, I should have " for  a long period of time isn't good for us.

Some things are not under our control. People can, and do, choose to leave a relationship. Then the person left is sad and grieving. It's OK to do this- it's something that one goes through, but then, somehow, the grieving person can choose to move on, to live a full life without the relationship, because that is possible. While people do wonder what, or why, sometimes it really just comes down to the other person making a choice. I have a couple of friends whose husbands have left them for someone else. These friends are nice, they have children, they have tried in their marriages and they are left wondering how their husbands can just throw all that away. But they do. People make all kinds of choices- good ones, not so good ones, but the bottom line is that we can not control anybody's choices, except our own.

This is your closure: She chose to leave. You may not really know all the why's, what, where, but you do know this: She chose to leave.

You have choices too. You can continue as you are- to wonder, think, and to hurt over this, or to take steps to change. None of this has any effect on her, but it could benefit you either way. If she doesn't come back, then you are an emotionally stronger person. If she does come back then you are a stronger person. If neither of the choices- to hurt, or to be stronger- will affect her decision either way, then why not choose to give yourself the chance to be emotionally healthier?

One concern about your post is your rescuer tendencies. As a surgeon, your skills have helped people, and this is a wonderful thing to do. However, in relationships, rescuing can lead to dysfunction. Boundaries in any relationship are important. If you are overly involved with your patients' personal predicaments- you could be crossing a professional boundary. Being admired, a "savior" can feel good, but also addicted- as one has to have a constant supply of admiration. It also places your happiness in someone else's hands- if you need their admiration to feel good about yourself. Boundaries involve taking care of yourself- paying for other people to the point of financially hurting yourself is crossing a boundary. Because needing admiration can be addictive- one can feel withdrawal symptoms when an addictive relationship ends.

Awestruck over everything you do- like smoking a cigarette must be a great feeling, but in an emotionally healthy relationship, people are not constantly awestruck over each other- real people are just that- humans, they do good things, they make mistakes. Perfection is a necessary goal in your job, but it can cause problems in a romantic relationship. In these, we can strive to be our best, but we are humans too.

The decision to get help, to heal, to gain healthy boundaries, to recover from this relationship is in your hands, not your ex's. It may take getting help- from therapists, counselors, support groups. It is good that you have already sought out help. She gave you her things back, but you still have hers. You can give them back to her through your sister- nothing is stopping you. If you can not do this for some reason, then you can put them away in a box, even give that box to your sister to hold on to so you don't keep looking at them. The dogs- that is harder. Even though you bought them with her, they are basically yours. You have been their main caretaker. Think about this: when people get divorced, they don't have to give away their kids or their pets to heal emotionally. Yet can recover with or without the dogs.

The ability to get closure is within you. I hope you will keep posting here and use the resources. I also hope you will reach out for professional help with this.

Ashwin

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »

Thank you not wendy ... .I just observed something new I hate to admit it ... .but it entirely contradicts what my psychiatrist told me ... .I have again been secretly stalking my ex on whatsapp and she seems to have met someone else she is busy chatting away to glory at 1 am ... .well I guess her warning my sister was true indeed she has someone else now I mean a second guy after me I think. ... .I'm drunk and feeling tormented ... .I have only helped people but I guess this karma thing is all bull___. ...

Just kills me to smithereens looking at her being all lovey dovey to her new guy... .I mean here was this girl who used to say that her exes made use of her and chucked her ... .I was such a sucker for love that I fell into a cliche ... .I can only tell u guys because her topic is forbidden in my house now ... .talking about her only irritates my dad n sis... .

I don't have anyone else to vent my feelings apart from you guys... .

I think it's better that I stop this good for nothing stalking as its only hurting me ... .gosh I never thought that I would become such a psycho. ...

It's okay I wish her all the best I mean if she truly had BPD then god help her ... .I am not angry with her n al that I just wish her the best in life ... .

There is no point in me ranting and raving and disturbing you guys all the time ... .I guess it's better that I take the meds... .my shrink wanted me to take venalafaxine for 6 months ... .I guess I better go into therapy

I hate my life ... .but I just don't want to waste it on this woman I have a loving and doting father and sister I need to be there for them. ...

I just hope that I don't wind up becoming a loser. ... .
Ashwin

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »

Notwendy it's not that I am a rescuer type ... .I just can't see people die because they have no money. ... .I don't do it for being praised no no way that's not me... .I hate to see people suffering ... .and definitely it's not these people who praise me for I never tell them that I am the one who paid their bills... .there is only one thing that gives me immense pleasure that's my surgeries ...

It's my bed side manners and my meds which make my patients adore me ... .

I wanted to save her from her past experience but when I got to know about her past I wad shattered how can 6 or 7 guys just be nasty to such a doting female. .

Major fights started when she once said remember god is watching all ur doings against me u lost ur mum at an early age gods been kind enough to give you another mother figure in my form I just laughed it off and told her my mother was a saintly person never ever think that ur close to what my mother was. ... .she used to brag about what her peers used to tell her they used to say that she was a model of some sort again I laughed it off I do agrre she is pretty but not a model type... .

I don't know why I did all that jow it's all coming to bite me in the ass... .and the whole thing is just too much to bear...

I have other females who are contacting me better younger ones but I just don't want and not am in the mood for flirting anymore. ... naah that's not me

I have made up my mind ... .I don't want this woman in my life like how she said to my sibling I regret getting to meet her... .

I guess I should have dumped her the very week I got to know about her. ... .she sat in my car crying and recording my voice ... .I should have never looked back. ... .but since the weak person that I am ... .on seeing how much she professed her love for me I should have considered about what people warned me

Shucks I just feel as if I am a misfit in  life. ...
Ashwin

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 12:49:34 PM »

And sorry everyone I intended to put in 3 or 4 options on my poll but I messed up and ended up with just one sorry for the inconvenience ... .
Ashwin

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »

I have been a pure spectator of this forum for the last 8 months or so ... .finally I decided on joining this site ... .please folks all of u reading this kindly take some time off ur busy schedule and throw in some words there have been over 1000 views to my posts kindly jot something down ... .after all we are all here to help one another right. ... .I mean my experience may come across as something childish to most of you but believe me when a person is hoping against hope which in reality is just a stupid thing to do ... .a few kind words are all what's needed to mend someone's shattered sense of being. ... .thank you all once again
Notwendy

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »

ASHWIN - you are not bothering anyone by posting and you are not going to be a loser. However many people can tell you this but I hope you come to a place where you believe it.

You help a lot of people with physical problems, but you are in emotional pain. Please give some of that helping compassion to yourself. If you needed an operation - would you operate on yourself ? Of course not- you would find someone you trust to help you. I hope you will seek out someone you trust to help you with your feelings and thinking. Although you are concerned about side effects of medicine - discuss this with the doctor who would prescribe them if you need them.

You can post here, but know that many posters also seek help through therapists and support groups. Getting help can benefit you.

And if/when you are ready to detach from the relationship - the detaching board posters may be able to advise you with that.
Ashwin

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »

Thanks once again not wendy. ... .I guess you guys didn't respond to one important question of mine... .was I wrong in finding out about her previous relationships and confronting her?
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »

Ashwin, friend.

I'm going to ask you a question and it is to try and help you understand, I ask it in kindness.

Last fall I put my beloved dog to sleep.

Was I wrong to do that?

Breathe.
Ashwin

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »

Livednlearned I don't see ur point ... .Okay let's say pardon me for my transgressions I'm just trying to get your point of view. ... .let's say suppose u n I are in a relationship I mean we are just getting to know each other and in comes the wastreles the so called good Samaritans telling me to stay away from you and I go n find out about you and confront you about having so many exes and obviously how would you react to it ... .don't you think that I too went overboard with my ex in doing that. ... I mean won't you feel helpless ... .I'm sorry I just don't have any other means of making you understand my take on thks matter... .

I just drove a 150 miles up n down at 3 am  yesterday just to see her place ... .I saw her car parked in her house ... .I mean if she has someone she should be spending time with him right she is at home ... .and yet why this animosity towards me ... .
Ashwin

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:22 AM »

She used to tell me when we were together that she is planning to adopt a child if her relationship doesn't oan out ... .and on her fb she has put up a video of someone adopting a child and her quote says "waiting for that day" yes I understand that the guy whom she was with after me dumped her and now she is just plain mad at me because most of the people in her town knows her relationship with me I guess. ... .she had sort of told my sister that she regrets knowing me because she isn't able to go out freely lke before. ... .

Folks call me stupid or jealous ... .I did go thru her phone and I did it in her presence she had told my sister that the main reason why she didn't give her nrw telly number to my sister was because she was scared that I would go thru my sisters phone and retrieve her number. ... .she had also asked my sister to delete their conversation on fb... .

Looks like I am the reincarnation of lucifer himself ... .haha

I just plainly miss her guys... .better younger prettier girls have approached me I have gone out on dates with them I used to just stop with coffee's alone I couldn't let it progress because in my mind I felt that I am not doing justice to my love ... .

Just because I saw her car at her place and that she hasn't gone out with anyone during this weekend and also a fortnight ago I am forced to believe that there maybe a ray of hope somewhere
Notwendy

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »

let's say suppose u n I are in a relationship I mean we are just getting to know each other and in comes the wastreles the so called good Samaritans telling me to stay away from you and I go n find out about you and confront you about having so many exes and obviously how would you react to it

What's done is done and so re-enacting this in your mind is not helping you.

I can tell you how I would react to this, but I am not her and I don't have BPD. But if you wish to know, I would feel as if you had violated my privacy by prying into my personal life. This may be information you wish to have but the way to do this is to approach someone directly, not pry. I would be angry that someone snooped into my background instead of asking me.

ASHWIN, you are very distressed over her and as much as you want some kind of answer to whether there is hope for the two of you, asking strangers is not going to get an answer based on her feelings. We don't know them. This is also indirectly trying to get information about her that only she can tell you. The only way to get an answer is to ask her. And if she tells you no, believe her. Because to respect her and her boundaries, you need to respect her wishes.

As well as her privacy. Driving all night to get information about where she is sleeping is spying.

She isn't doing all this- you are- and you have the choice to continue this, or not, and/or seek counseling to help you deal with your feelings as this is distressing you.

Ashwin

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »

Thank you not wendy. ... .this is exactly what she felt and told me ... .when I did the things I did ... .I was immature and I did give in to what others were extrapolating ... .trust me all what I wanted to knkw is this whether she will also leave me ... .which she did eventually. ... .I did ask her I promise you but she was sort of defensive and that made me suspicious and the rest is history. ... .

I cannot forget her nor her moral support ... and I didn't just drive down to check up on her I wanted to seee her car because that really does have a lot of good memories in it no doubt. ... .

What can I do at this juncture where she does not want anything to do with me anymore and any sort of contact is only going to make matters worse. ... a possibility of cops being involved. ... .

I don't mind or care how many relationships she has had or she has I just want her that's all... .

From these things what do u think am I the one with BPD here ... .beacuse I have read from this forum and elsewhere that the BPD exes try to contact their exes within intervals ... .which is what I am doing ... aren't I?

And here I was labeling her as BPD ... .

All these people cautioned me about her saying that she is a nympho manic and so on I couldn't stand it ... .I swear ... .

Notwendy

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2016, 06:55:09 PM »

What can you do when she has stated she does not want to be contacted by you, even to the point that the cops are involved?

One option would be - that if you care about her- you would respect her feelings and stop stalking her.

I can't tell you if either of you have BPD- none of us on this board can make diagnoses of anyone.

I hope that you will seek out professional help to deal with your feelings. I think that the posters here can share information about getting over a relationship. This board is here to support each other. But none of us are able to change anyone's mind- hers or yours. In any relationship there needs to be respect for each persons boundaries. This includes your exes boundaries. You may have reasons to see her place and her car, but whatever they are- it is stalking - and that violates a boundary. You wanting to do this doesn't change her boundary.

This kind of behavior is not being kind or caring to her- and not to you either- as it does not serve you to heal from the relatipnship. It also won't be good for you- or your career. I hope you will get some professional help to help yourself stop doing this .
Ashwin

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 02:30:19 AM »

Not wendy ... .yes I am ashamed to admit that what I am doing is in a way stalking ... .I feel lost without her... .she is like a drug to be around ... .I mean she was very very very concerned about me when we were together ... .I just am not able to get past that ... .from everything to nothing that's what I am now... .

When she initially told my sister that she was getting married and asked me to stay away from her husband I was very upset sought a shrinks help ... fast forwarding 4 months on getting to know she is still single and the guy whom she was seeing left opened up another set of possibilities in my mind that maybe she might reconsider taking me back again. ... but all my attempts were met with futility that's about it. ...

Okay let's say that she is a normal woman won't she have atleast an itsy bitsy thought about me about us ? Or let's say for a person who has had some previous relationships is it easy for her to move on just like that without missing a single heartbeat. ...

Leonis

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 02:44:44 AM »

What can you do when she has stated she does not want to be contacted by you, even to the point that the cops are involved?

I think it all depends on how well you know your partner. My ex threatened me with restraining order in a text when she ran away. I didn't see her face-to-face until she made a move by coming into my studio and leaving her copies of my car and studio keys, as well as the money for the engagement ring, while I was at work. I drove over to her place and had a chat with her. Her roommates didn't even bother to prevent me from entering because they knew something was off with her recent actions.

Okay let's say that she is a normal woman won't she have atleast an itsy bitsy thought about me about us ? Or let's say for a person who has had some previous relationships is it easy for her to move on just like that without missing a single heartbeat. ...      

From my experience, my ex did have feelings. From the above-mentioned situation (this past Wednesday) She didn't slam her room door in my face and asked me to go away. In fact, she allowed me in and we talked for hours... .to the point that we got intimate. Part of her mindset was that we had those physical and emotional intimacies while we dated. My circumstances are obviously much different as she and I were each other's first physical relationship. In fact, the following night when she finally decided to drive off, she mentioned how there was no way for her to be near me and not want to have some sort physical engagement.

Of course, complications may happen... .as I'm hoping she didn't get pregnant from our recent encounter... .
Ashwin

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12:04 AM »

Thank u leonais... .tomorrow marks 1 year of our breakup ... .every hope of a patch up has been shot to hell and beyond ... .

On these boards I did read about a lot of people whose exes have come back to them

... well mine is a different story I guess ... .anyways thank you all for ur advise and help ... .I am really grateful for that

I guess like how she used to threaten me when we were together " listen to me I know that u will crumble if I leave you and if I leave there is no turning back for me once I'm gone I'm gone so u better play ur cards well ashwin" I didn't pay any heed to her words and now here I am pining for her just like she had predicted. ... I guess I learned my lesson the hard way ... .

Now I know for sure that she won't ever come back ... .I guess that's my story ...
Leonis

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 01:19:47 AM »

My ex and I got back together two months after our first break up. Three weeks later, there was a fallout and then we made up a week later. In my mind, things worked out just fine until mid-April this year and it took a month to resolve almost everything.

But, according to her, we had a fallout some time in October. Then, December, and again in February. I'm pretty sure what they consider as transgressions and actual timeline of events are vastly different than what you perceived. What I thought of as having minor hiccups during those times were obviously mountains to her.

I'm so sorry to read that it's been a year. I hope that you are coping well. I wish I could say more, but I'm a newb to these things and I'm just experiencing what appears to be a pretty permanent break up even though there are still indicators of it not being completely over yet.
C.Stein

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:40 AM »

This topic has reached the post limit.  Please feel free to start a new topic to continue discussion.

Thanks.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest