Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 09:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if you try to communicate when you're split black?  (Read 858 times)
sweet tooth

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

I'm not going to try this. I'm just curious. Has anybody ever done it? If so, what were the results?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »

I'm not going to try this. I'm just curious. Has anybody ever done it? If so, what were the results?

Silent treatment or assassination of your character.
sweet tooth

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »

Is it safe to say Splitting someone black is a more serious form of Silent Treatment?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

Is it safe to say Splitting someone black is a more serious form of Silent Treatment?

Splitting black to me means she sees me as an enemy. Silent treatment is just her defense against me.
Curiously1

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »

I've experienced exactly this last break up.

She called me names like a madwoman and insane and that I need extensive therapy, that I am just incompatible with her, that I am dysfunctional/unhealthy, that I am just obsessed with her

Right now I am given the Silent treatment. I'm not sure if I'm painted black at the moment by my soon to be exBPDgf again  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) but she's clearly not happy with me right now.

Another one is that I obviously am not considering her boundaries, or that I am harrassing her and if I had any regard for her left I would not contact her anymore.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »

if someone expresses that their wish is for no contact (not the same thing as silent treatment) there could be any number of consequences if we dont respect their boundary. they might range from setting the person off, to a restraining order, harassment charges, or at the very least, pushing that person further away.

depends on what you mean by split black here. if someone is angry at us, its generally best to give them space and let them cool off.

what happens to us? we perpetuate the attachment.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Confused108

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »

I've experienced exactly this last break up.

She called me names like a madwoman and insane and that I need extensive therapy, that I am just incompatible with her, that I am dysfunctional/unhealthy, that I am just obsessed with her

Right now I am given the Silent treatment. I'm not sure if I'm painted black at the moment by my soon to be exBPDgf again  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) but she's clearly not happy with me right now.

Another one is that I obviously am not considering her boundaries, or that I am harrassing her and if I had any regard for her left I would not contact her anymore.

WOW are you serious? Everything you just said about what your ex did to you mine said the exact and I mean the exact same thing! I needed therapy! We were NOT Compatible! I was obsessed with her. Everything you just said! By any chance your not in Montreal Canada? Lol!

GreenEyedMonster

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »

I was sent very menacing letters threatening me with restraining orders and prison time.
Suspicious1

Relationship status: Broken up & 'silent treatment'

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »

This.
Confused108

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »

YES! You are not trying to speak to a normal person. They will turn into a crazed nut if you continue to try and make contact with your ex . Or she will say your harassing her and get an order against you. And trust me she will have no guilt about doing it. Stay away . I know your hurting. I get it. I some days still can't believe what my ex dd to me either. And she was my childhood friend we were close and then my girlfriend. Then became this monster! This Jeckyl and Hyde if you will. Perfect name if I do say so myself. Stay away . No good will come of contacting her.

sweet tooth

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

YES! You are not trying to speak to a normal person. They will turn into a crazed nut if you continue to try and make contact with your ex . Or she will say your harassing her and get an order against you. And trust me she will have no guilt about doing it. Stay away . I know your hurting. I get it. I some days still can't believe what my ex dd to me either. And she was my childhood friend we were close and then my girlfriend. Then became this monster! This Jeckyl and Hyde if you will. Perfect name if I do say so myself. Stay away . No good will come of contacting her.

Did it happen to you? Did you get threatened?
Hidden

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend
Relationship status: In a relationship

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 07:51:30 PM »

I think if they've expressed the need for NC it's only fair if they get mad when you disrespect that, though... .Think about being in that position, as well.
sweet tooth

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »

I think if they've expressed the need for NC it's only fair if they get mad when you disrespect that, though... .Think about being in that position, as well.

I agree, but I'm not heartless enough to tell somebody to never contact me again without a reason.
Confused108

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »

yes I did! Sweet I had NO idea what or how mentally sick my ex really was. She  was diagnosed as bipolar at 14 but her actions in romantic relationships do not add up to the disorder. So I searched for her actions towards me and it came up as BPD. I also spoke to a friend of my cousin who is a speacalist . She told me my ex was most likely misdiagnosed.  So when I tried to help my ex after she ended things with me she sent my wife at the time we were separated pending a divorce a message via FB . She told my soon to be ex wife that I was sending her BPD material and I'm convinced myself that's she has the disorder. She then says to my wife and get this if I'm married to my wife and we are together I think confused should back off from me! So what the hell are you saying? I can't talk to you because you think I'm still married to my wife? Crazy! So she threatened me with a restating order. So yea I was threatened bc I was trying to help my ex.

sweet tooth

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »

yes I did! Sweet I had NO idea what or how mentally sick my ex really was. She  was diagnosed as bipolar at 14 but her actions in romantic relationships do not add up to the disorder. So I searched for her actions towards me and it came up as BPD. I also spoke to a friend of my cousin who is a speacalist . She told me my ex was most likely misdiagnosed.  So when I tried to help my ex after she ended things with me she sent my wife at the time we were separated pending a divorce a message via FB . She told my soon to be ex wife that I was sending her BPD material and I'm convinced myself that's she has the disorder. She then says to my wife and get this if I'm married to my wife and we are together I think confused should back off from me! So what the hell are you saying? I can't talk to you because you think I'm still married to my wife? Crazy! So she threatened me with a restating order. So yea I was threatened bc I was trying to help my ex.

That's crazy.  It's also possible to have BPD and Bipolar Disorder at the same time.  They have a decent comorbidity rate.
Confused108

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:36 PM »

Oh yes I know but trust me when I say she is 110% BPD!

Confused108

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 08:22:37 PM »

But do u see when I say no good can come of it. My ex has blocked me on FB sine the 1st week of October and I do believe I'm stil blocked. I will remain so and if it ever comes a day where she has unblocked me ... .Well I will be sure to block her and keep her that way.

sweet tooth

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »

But do u see when I say no good can come of it. My ex has blocked me on FB sine the 1st week of October and I do believe I'm stil blocked. I will remain so and if it ever comes a day where she has unblocked me ... .Well I will be sure to block her and keep her that way.

Mine deactivated her Facebook last August. However, she can reactivate it on a whim. That's how she saw the pics of us together and suggested I take them down.  There's not other logical explanation, unless a mutual acquantance showed her (which I highly doubt). She blocked me on MeetUp basically as soon as I joined. However, I keep getting notifications that a Private LinkedIn member viewed me. I know it's the same person and not a recruiter because it gives dates. If it was a recruiter they would look once, not multiple times within a few week span! It makes no sense! I'm painted as black as Wesley Snipes but I am still being monitored! What gives?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 08:29:51 PM »

Mine deactivated her Facebook last August. However, she can reactivate it on a whim. That's how she saw the pics of us together and suggested I take them down.  There's not other logical explanation, unless a mutual acquantance showed her (which I highly doubt). She blocked me on MeetUp basically as soon as I joined. However, I keep getting notifications that a Private LinkedIn member viewed me. I know it's the same person and not a recruiter because it gives dates. If it was a recruiter they would look once, not multiple times within a few week span! It makes no sense! I'm painted as black as Wesley Snipes but I am still being monitored! What gives?

Maybe she is having trouble maintaining the facade that you are all bad so she is probably looking for reinforcement perhaps?
sweet tooth

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »

Maybe she is having trouble maintaining the facade that you are all bad so she is probably looking for reinforcement perhaps?

Well, she met her match in that case.  I was called "good ol' boy" throughout high school! I go to Church on Sundays! I worked with children for close to a decade! I am the epitome of the "All American Male!" I can picture myself in a Rockwell painting!

GOOD LUCK, HUNNY!
Rickybee

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:20 PM »

I tried to contact everyday for the first week of suddenly being replaced and cut off and blocked immediately after 4 years, during the week leading up to me catching her cheating with her work friend she told me she loved me and seemed happy, spoke of kids and mortgage with me soon, that to radio silence over night once I found out she was having affair, I wanted closure and answers... something, she wouldn't answer calls or texts, she blocked me on everything instantly like it was planned for months or something, me catching her out cheating made her split me black and hate me, her last words were heartless, I was confronted with dead eyes and a person I had never met before, she said she wanted me gone and that was it... i went to her work to meet try see her on her lunch break whilst going to the deli I pulled up next to her and asked if we could talk, she looked and me shocked and said go away I'm ringing the police I and putting a restraining order on you if you come anywhere near my house or my workplace, it broke me I said were is he? she said he is innocent and that she made all the moves... she stood then calling the police whist holding her and my replacements lunch, I was speechless and drove away... i never saw her again... blindsided when all I gave her was love and compassion and honesty, she used me cruelly and 4 years was over in a shocking instant, turned out she was with him 3 months leading up to me finding out.no remorse, just cool indifference and satisfaction over destroying me, instantly switched her fb pic to her and him kissing and her relationship status to in a relationship with him, so cruel and shocking that she could hate me suddenly and never want to see or talk to me again over night... prolly getting off track abit here but my situation, she split me black and never wanted to be reminded that I exist again... she speeded of into being in love with my replacement, holidays together and both there familes intergrated, when a matter of weeks prior her family loved me and praised me aswell as her telling me how perfect I was and talking about out future together... truly baffling... still processing 4 years of insanity at one year out, sorry for the rant... but yeh in my case split black done and dusted instantly forgotten... or at least it feels like it
Herodias

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »

Yes, I was told he would file a harassment charge against me and I believed him! Don't even try- they need to come to you. It will just lead to drama for both of you if you do it. Be strong!
sweet tooth

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »

I tried to contact everyday for the first week of suddenly being replaced and cut off and blocked immediately after 4 years, during the week leading up to me catching her cheating with her work friend she told me she loved me and seemed happy, spoke of kids and mortgage with me soon, that to radio silence over night once I found out she was having affair, I wanted closure and answers... something, she wouldn't answer calls or texts, she blocked me on everything instantly like it was planned for months or something, me catching her out cheating made her split me black and hate me, her last words were heartless, I was confronted with dead eyes and a person I had never met before, she said she wanted me gone and that was it... i went to her work to meet try see her on her lunch break whilst going to the deli I pulled up next to her and asked if we could talk, she looked and me shocked and said go away I'm ringing the police I and putting a restraining order on you if you come anywhere near my house or my workplace, it broke me I said were is he? she said he is innocent and that she made all the moves... she stood then calling the police whist holding her and my replacements lunch, I was speechless and drove away... i never saw her again... blindsided when all I gave her was love and compassion and honesty, she used me cruelly and 4 years was over in a shocking instant, turned out she was with him 3 months leading up to me finding out.no remorse, just cool indifference and satisfaction over destroying me, instantly switched her fb pic to her and him kissing and her relationship status to in a relationship with him, so cruel and shocking that she could hate me suddenly and never want to see or talk to me again over night... prolly getting off track abit here but my situation, she split me black and never wanted to be reminded that I exist again... she speeded of into being in love with my replacement, holidays together and both there familes intergrated, when a matter of weeks prior her family loved me and praised me aswell as her telling me how perfect I was and talking about out future together... truly baffling... still processing 4 years of insanity at one year out, sorry for the rant... but yeh in my case split black done and dusted instantly forgotten... or at least it feels like it

Wow... .that is absolutely horrible... .I'm sorry that you went through that.
Herodias

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »

I agree Sweet tooth, that is just awful! Totally heartless. Very narcissistic... .Glad you found out when you did instead of being in it for longer. We all have to be grateful to be out. I read something that said... .when we lose these people, we find ourselves. I do believe that. Take care 
Rickybee

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »

That is the tip of the iceberg, she treated me awful nothing but evil head games... abortion... evil episodes... she was very cunning and twisted, very dark cold heart, I was dealing with multiple people in one person, lovely one day, hyper the next, evil the next day, constantly forgetting any commitments made the day before, out of control OCD, she was full blown BPD with narc and sociopath traits, another day she would act like a cutesy child, like an actual child with baby voice and child like out look on the world, than another day she would be and stern adult fully switched on, it was bonkers... i say daily confusion to this behaviour but she would switch by the hour too, I could never really relax... she often used the silent treatment... or maybe she was just sleeping with other people whilst I was out the picture for a few days, she would let me think she is at home and depressed saying she feels suicidal then would turn her phone off for two days, when in fact she was out partying or be having other men over... thanks for letting me rant I don't post much but read a lot her to help me make some sense of what happened to me, but yeh again... she split me black... whilst these BPDs are very similar in actions and behaviour people are different, some perhaps worse than others, I somebody else mentioned, I knew she was poorly but not that ill, but I did see her cutting for attention and head butting walls at 1 year into the relationship, I didn't know what to do so I just stuck by her, I had no experience in mental health but loved her from being love bombed and idealized, she seemed so perfect but turned out to be truly evil to the core, it will never make sense to me that all I gave her was love and she just wanted to abuse me and destroy me and constantly lie and cheat, whilst trying to keep up an act that she loved me and would never cheat on anybody because she is not like that and its been done to her before... yeh right... made out all her exs were monsters, police restaining order on the ex before me and told the police he tried to kill her, he found out she was cheating on him so he slapped her round the face, which I don't condone but she tried to exaggerate it into him trying to kill her in her sleep, he nearly went to prison for 8 years but got the charges dropped with a restraining order not aloud with so many miles of her area, all the red flags were there but I wa inexperienced to these type of predators, I was innocent enough to think she was perfect and girl of my dreams, a year in and strange things started happening, or at least felt that way... any way sorry thank you for listening
sweet tooth

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »

That is the tip of the iceberg, she treated me awful nothing but evil head games... abortion... evil episodes... she was very cunning and twisted, very dark cold heart, I was dealing with multiple people in one person, lovely one day, hyper the next, evil the next day, constantly forgetting any commitments made the day before, out of control OCD, she was full blown BPD with narc and sociopath traits, another day she would act like a cutesy child, like an actual child with baby voice and child like out look on the world, than another day she would be and stern adult fully switched on, it was bonkers... i say daily confusion to this behaviour but she would switch by the hour too, I could never really relax... she often used the silent treatment... or maybe she was just sleeping with other people whilst I was out the picture for a few days, she would let me think she is at home and depressed saying she feels suicidal then would turn her phone off for two days, when in fact she was out partying or be having other men over... thanks for letting me rant I don't post much but read a lot her to help me make some sense of what happened to me, but yeh again... she split me black... whilst these BPDs are very similar in actions and behaviour people are different, some perhaps worse than others, I somebody else mentioned, I knew she was poorly but not that ill, but I did see her cutting for attention and head butting walls at 1 year into the relationship, I didn't know what to do so I just stuck by her, I had no experience in mental health but loved her from being love bombed and idealized, she seemed so perfect but turned out to be truly evil to the core, it will never make sense to me that all I gave her was love and she just wanted to abuse me and destroy me and constantly lie and cheat, whilst trying to keep up an act that she loved me and would never cheat on anybody because she is not like that and its been done to her before... yeh right... made out all her exs were monsters, police restaining order on the ex before me and told the police he tried to kill her, he found out she was cheating on him so he slapped her round the face, which I don't condone but she tried to exaggerate it into him trying to kill her in her sleep, he nearly went to prison for 8 years but got the charges dropped with a restraining order not aloud with so many miles of her area, all the red flags were there but I wa inexperienced to these type of predators, I was innocent enough to think she was perfect and girl of my dreams, a year in and strange things started happening, or at least felt that way... any way sorry thank you for listening

That is bizarre. I'm sorry that you went through that. I thought mine was bad with her lying... .wow... .
Rickybee

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 09:26:43 PM »

Thank you for the hugs Smiling (click to insert in post) I love this site, its helped me a lot the last year, people here have compassion and know what its like, and as everybody says its uncanny how similar a lot of the behaviour and madness we witnessed in our partners, I see a ot of stuff here explained that I went thru... blessing to you all and my your hearts find peace and the love you deserve

sweet tooth

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »

Thank you for the hugs Smiling (click to insert in post) I love this site, its helped me a lot the last year, people here have compassion and know what its like, and as everybody says its uncanny how similar a lot of the behaviour and madness we witnessed in our partners, I see a ot of stuff here explained that I went thru... blessing to you all and my your hearts find peace and the love you deserve

Likewise.
Rickybee

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »

At sweet tooth, yes bizzare, fully mental mate at times, she was major psychosis and multiple disorders, and a treacherous cruel liar, sometimes she would go 3 or 4 months without doing something truly shocking or strange or heartless, but then bang something bad woud happen, she would give me just enough to keep me hanging on then mess with me again, I shouldn't have stuck around but was worried she might kill herself if I left her, she should have been an inpatient at times looking back but I never dared suggest it at the time, strangely aside from all this I did love her, and cared and wanted to somehow make her better but I couldn't, so I just stayed by her and supported, she would do anything for sympathy, so strange to me that she played the victim all the time and would gaslight constantly, it was all so confusing... i could go on for days about strange baffling events, weeks even... i still cant get my head around none of it, I just have to put it al down to the fact that she is very poorly, I hope she finds peace and stops destroying people, and I hope I can find indifference soon, a year of her haunting my thoughts is slowly sending me mad Laugh out loud (click to insert in post), got to stop chewing on the bone as they say, I need to bury the bone for good
bAlex

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 07:46:07 AM »

Contacting her makes you look desperate and weak in her eyes. Reinforces the idea that she has power over you.

Don't do it. Ever.

More often than not she would contact me, it meant she needed something. The couple of times I initiated contact she was so dismissive and aloof that it made me look like a snivelling loser and an idiot that's grovelling at her feet for a few scraps of attention. I will honestly never contact her ever again, or any woman that walks away from me for that matter.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest