Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 01:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's been awhile  (Read 382 times)
jc1010

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 26, 2016, 01:36:15 AM »

What's going on everybody?

Hope everyone's doing well, hanging in there/staying positive. I just feel like checking in the my BPD fam, I've been missing my ex as of late, a lot to be honest and i feel posting here is the healthier thing to do than hitting her up. We were really close friends at one point, and now, i'm honestly terrified of her.

Terrified of being judged, wrote off, shamed, basically i'm afraid she will look at me and say wow, i was right about him, he is not worthy of me. I know that these fears run deep, and I try to replace these fears by knowing I am lovable. It's been a ride since the break up. October 2015. I guess what it was for me was i became addicted to the approval she would give me of the attention i would give her. It was almost like a full time job. When i broke it off (i wasn't in the best state when i broke it off) and she moved on so quickly, i literally was sitting there asking myself, what the f*** just happened? i had lost myself, i was lonely, i had nothing to do with my time.

So anyway, we kept in contact for a while, i was kind of obsessed with getting her back. I was so depressed. And nobody really knew what i was going through. i started seeing a therapist. I got to the bottom of a lot of things that happened to me growing up that had made me so afraid of getting close to her and letting her in. I felt like it was all my fault.

So, i met up with her (December '15) and told her all of this. i told her what had caused me to be so afraid of getting close. and that i really do care about her so much, she knew i still loved her, i wanted her back (told her a month earlier). And after i said i was open to getting back with her when we were both ready, she said she doesnt know... she isnt saying yes or no, she says she's not saying theres no chance. but not anytime soon.

From there it was mind games. I found out she was sleeping with/ idk what the he11 else it is, a guy ten years older who teaches yoga. This shot me down... hard. I was like thats it. That was early jan. Thats when i found this website. and realized how could she just replace me like that in just three weeks?

She would call me or text me once every three weeks or so. It was driving me nuts. She drunk called me once, i drunk called her. I was going nuts. I had to go NC. so i did (mid january '16). Blocked her on everything. phone, instagram, facebook. was really hard, but i knew that she didn't care about me or ever actually valued me as a person if she was able to move on to this douche so quickly. Really? ten years older? (were in our early twenties)

Two months later (early march '16)... .get a call, at night of course. She's drunk sad saying she thought we would always be there for each other. I handled it very well. However two weeks after that i called hr and wanted answers why she called me. Big mistake. she made it seem like it was nothing. she doesn't see me in a romantic way anymore. It f*ckin hurt like hell.

I was so damn depressed, again. Like she re-rejected me, re-shamed me. Like this new yoga zen master douche was way more of a man than me. (that's how i was thinking at the time). Anyway, tell her that same night its a good idea if we don't talk to each other, she said i'm here if you need me, i said i won't.

Block her again, three months of NC go by, my Verizon account automatically unblocks after 90 days. So her number was unblocked. so by this time its about june 20th. I'm at a bar dancing with a girl when i feel my phone ringing, its her. shocked again. text her say, "hey exBPD, cant talk whats up?" What ends up happening is we talk for a little, catch up, i pretend i haven't been thinking about her at all. She goes on to tell me all about her, how she's leaving the country for a year at the end of 2016. I really brag about what i got going on, my plans after college etc. i honestly was doing really well

Next day she  texts me, saying i should come into her work. I'm surprised, like a hit of coke. Pretty excited. Like i matter again to her. But i know its a bad idea, i say yeah maybe Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Don't talk to her for a while. month and half later she requests to follow me on Instagram. i delete it, don't want her looking at my pics and sh*t. Does it again about three weeks ago. i'm at a bar, i accept but don't follow back, really still don't want to look at her pics, how she's looking/doing etc. it would just still hurt a lot. So i guess this pissed her off, i actually have no idea what caused this, but she went through every single on of my pictures that she liked in the past, must have been at least thirty. and unliked all of them.

I felt like she now hates me or something idk. Have a feeling she's off talkin sh*t on me, idk why probably just paranoia. But any way, i blocked her on insta again. i don't want to feel like she's judging me.

Anyway, thats my story. felt good to rewrite it out. At times i do miss her. I was reading a bunch of sh*t about some MMA fighters i love like Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor and they were talking about their gf's who stuck with them and believed in them. This makes feel guilt for ending that r/s and that she could've been there for me and I for her. We were really tight nd i do miss her, but honestly i'm pretty afraid of her. she's hurt me bad and i know she still messes with yoga dude. So, thats about it. just working on rebuilding myself.

At the end of the day, what gets me is how i really thought what we had was something so unique, so special. She painted it like that and that's how i believed it. Then it hit me that that is what she does to all her guys, i guess. Cheers

Doing so much better than i was 6 months ago... time and self work and self love. Just wanted to share and get feedback. the floor is open feel free to post your experiences/insights/ anything you f*ckin want Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). thanks guys and gals

-JC
VitaminC

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:57:26 AM »

Hey jc,

You've been through the ringer with this relationship. Your story is yours, but you know already that it's familiar to many people here in your BPDfam Smiling (click to insert in post)

That's push-pull you've been experiencing, you know that, right? It's par for the course in a relationship with a pwBPD. The BPD won't be the one to stop it, not as long as there's still a sense of that attachment being there. So it's up to you to work out if the pain and confusion is worth it and if it's not, then being really and truly not available or vulnerable anymore.   Easier said than done, but definitely doable.

":)oing so much better than i was 6 months ago... time and self work and self love."
Great you're doing better, and you're right that's the recipe for improvement.

I like Conor McGregor too and I know what you mean about the relationship that he appears to have with his girlfriend and family. But please be careful here about comparing yourself and your situation with that of someone else, anyone else. You know that yourself, I get that, just saying it though.

What's your status now? Are you NC? What kind of plan do you have for continuing to do and feel better?  I know from my own experience that having a vague idea of "I'll just do this (dancing and kickboxing were my thing for a while) and not concentrate too hard on the specific" let me continue to have an unadmitted hope that an ex would see or sense how well I was doing and wander back to me. 

While it's important to take care of ourselves and pursue activities and friendships and career or whatever, I found that I had to eventually make a clear decision in my own head about the relationship and if I was truly done or not.  Have you decided?

Leonis

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:01:35 AM »

Doing so much better than i was 6 months ago... .
That's great news!

I'm in a similar boat, but only 4 months out. Unfortunately, my ex has pulled the "I'm pregnant" trick and silly me actually did let things loose about 2 months ago. So, it's only a matter of time before validating the pregnancy and perhaps the paternity in the near future.
jc1010

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:42:35 PM »

"I'll just do this (dancing and kickboxing were my thing for a while) and not concentrate too hard on the specific" let me continue to have an unadmitted hope that an ex would see or sense how well I was doing and wander back to me. 

I feel like this is me. it's unadmitted hope. I do all this self improvement, and really do work on myself, but deep down i think it's because i want her to see how  good i am, and maybe she'll come back.

It's really sad, like i'm just not allowing myself to believe that she could completely move past that best friend/ lover bond we had. in such a small time. and move on to someone older.

But when i do believe it, a small voice inside my head tells me there's still hope. Why would she want me to come into her work? why would she want to follow me on instagram? why would she go through all of my pictures and unlike them one by one? if she had moved on wouldnt she be indifferent? It just makes me think that she still cares maybe she's still interested in me on a r/s level, and honestly im way too afraid to find out.

in terms of NC, i never ever call her or text her. if she calls or texts me, i try and respond like a robot, not interested even though deep down i just want to try and get her back. it's unhealthy i know, but hopefuly it will stop when she leaves the country for a year this december
jc1010

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »

Doing so much better than i was 6 months ago... .
That's great news!

I'm in a similar boat, but only 4 months out. Unfortunately, my ex has pulled the "I'm pregnant" trick and silly me actually did let things loose about 2 months ago. So, it's only a matter of time before validating the pregnancy and perhaps the paternity in the near future.

Hey man,
everything does happen for a reason. just remember that and stay strong. whatever comes your way stay positive, you have me and the rest of the BPD family behind you. all in it together. much love 
jc1010

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:52:08 PM »

@VitaminC

So to answer your other question, i don't think i have decided. I do have this hope, but idk it does hurt and if i do decide to completely cut her out, how do i go about it without feeling like i'm some sort of monster/bad guy
VitaminC

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

Hey again,

In my own experience, nothing happens, or whatever happens continues to happen, unless we decide to do something differently. But a decision has to be made. This doesn't have to be a dramatic all or nothing decision. So maybe we're just talking about clarity.

It can be very hard to get anything like clarity in a relationship with a pwBPD - about the relationship or state of mind of our partners. It certainly sounds like you've been getting some pretty mixed messages. The main thing  we can get clarity about is our own state of mind, our own needs, expectations, and wants. Not to make that sound too easy, cuz it's often not.

Why would it make you feel like the bad guy if you stopped responding? Have you read the article here on FOO - Fear, Obligation, and Guilt? It's here: https://bpdfamily.com/content/emotional-blackmail-fear-obligation-and-guilt-fog
Maybe some of it applies?

I know it hurts, jc.  Read the article and come back to us?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest