Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today marks a month.  (Read 354 times)
xDash

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 07, 2016, 06:24:30 AM »

Today a month has passed.

Still no word, nothing.

He's still vanished, no social media, nothing.

I feel so lost, so broken and so love sick. He's all I think about 24/7 yet no one seems to understand.

I wonder if he'll ever reach out, after 6 long, intense years this month of NC is horrible. Never thought I'd miss him so much, despite that I've realised the emotional abuse I've been under on his part.

heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46:17 AM »

Hi xDash,

I'm sorry you are going through this. I remember a month after my first breakup with pwBPD—it was more painful than anything I had ever experienced (I had a few breakups under my belt by then). I felt very, very low. You are not alone, and so many of us here understand how much it hurts. Especially when the breakup was so abrupt. It's a big shock to the system.  

Be gentle with yourself and take really good care of your body/mind. Are you getting enough sleep, eating well, and getting some exercise? Reaching out for support is also really helpful. Do you have a therapist or trusted friend who is a good listener?

Hang in there, xDash. A lot of people won't understand what you are going through, unless they've had experience with someone with BPD. That makes it feel doubly lonely when we are trying to recover. You are not alone. Keep writing and we'll walk with you through this.

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Pipedreamer25

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 03:18:42 AM »

Hey Dashx

Sending you internet hugs.  I'm in a similar situation to you although my ex has reached out and recycled a few times and I can honestly say it's made things more painful.  Try to focus on yourself.

I get what you mean about no one understanding.  Anyone I talk to including good friends are just like you're better off without him and you'll get over it like this is a normal breakup or something straightforward.  That's what so amazing about this site.  People here get it.  Keep posting.   
Larmoyant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:12 AM »

Hi Dashx, joining heartandwhole and Pipedreamer in sending you much needed internet hugs. You mention the emotional abuse he has put you through. It helped me to purposefully remember this and journal about it. Maybe it might help you too. Hang on it might not seem like it, but it gets better. It just takes time, reading, more reading and reaching out to people who do understand. We understand Dashx. You're not alone   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest