Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 10:54:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD husband and OCD  (Read 572 times)
nlk
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« on: December 28, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »

I am married to my husband for 28 years. Early on in our marriage, he was diagnosed with the disorder while we were in therapy. He would not seek treatment. We have 3 grown children. They are aware of it and my youngest just received her Masters in psychology.  She thinks he may have been molested as a child. She said he is classic BPD. He does not try suicide though.  The reason we are still together is he works at night and I during the day. I do love him. I've noticed something lately that I would like to know if anyone else notices. During the holidays, he is very quiet. He and I can get along but if the girls are home, he tends to get very defensive and not treat me very nice.  I tend to think that he knows they see certain things about him that I've learned to overlook. Could that be?  Also, my therapist said he seems to think he has OCD. He has a food addiction. He can never cook for 5 people. If he goes shopping, he will spend 500 dollars when he has money. When we wpbegan dating, he bought me 13 bikinis!  When the girls were little, he once saw a sale on Juicy Juice and bought 9 cases.  I couldn't fit my car in the garage. Is that indicative of a person with BPD. He has the worst temper of any person I know.  When he hates, he hates more than any person I know. Specifically, Hillary Clinton, President Obama. You can see the hate in his eyes.  Our pediatrician threw us out of his practice because my husband screamed at him for something he said.   I gave up alcohol and I started to get addicted to pain pills. It's been 3 years since I've touched a thing. I am seeing more than ever. Can anyone relate to my story.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Portent

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »

Anxiety disorder goes hand and hand with BPD. This can often lead yo OCD.
Healthy88

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »

Have read OCD can be part of the impulsivity of BPD. Also, hoarding is definitely a symptom of OCD.

H88
Lockjaw

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

I am not BPD but have OCD tendencies and anxiety. I go from one thing to another. And I will intensely research it. Like if I want a gun. I will look all over the place for them. Read articles. Go look at them. Then look for a deal. I just got one. I don't need anymore, I can't shoot more than 1 at a time.

I think also that people like that tend to buy things to replace a need. A lot of time for me, I tend to buy something because I think it will make me happy. And it does, for a little while.

Healthy88

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »

Portent,

I am very new to understanding BPD, can u elaborate how anxiety is connected? I don't see my h as externally anxious at all. Impulsive incredibly, but not anxious. Actually, living with him all these yrs & not understanding what was going on with him or all the chaos, I am the one who is currently dealing with anxiety & OCD.
Portent

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:12:12 PM »

Portent,

I am very new to understanding BPD, can u elaborate how anxiety is connected? I don't see my h as externally anxious at all. Impulsive incredibly, but not anxious. Actually, living with him all these yrs & not understanding what was going on with him or all the chaos, I am the one who is currently dealing with anxiety & OCD.
www.BPDdemystified.com/what-is-BPD/co-occuring-disorders/anxiety-and-panic-attack-symptoms-co-occurring-with-borderline-disorder/

"Anxiety and panic attack symptoms are common in people with borderline disorder. Symptoms of anxiety occur in almost 90% of people with borderline disorder."
Healthy88

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

Thanks will have to do some more research. I see the depression, but unless his impulsive behaviors r due to anxiety, he hides that well. He loves being the ctr of attention, public speaking, etc. I also think he has narsisstic & sociopathic traits, however. Will have to look into symptoms of anxiety more bc his stressors r definitely not the same as mine.
Healthy88

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

A couple of other interesting articles regarding OCD are:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3271502/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25228807
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest