Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired and Worn Out; Still Living in House w/ BPD Spouse & Youngest 2 Children  (Read 487 times)
GlorificamusTe
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 15, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »

This is my first post and I must admit it's uncomfortable at best to reach out for help, let alone to strangers... but I am tired and weary.  I'm not sure what to write or what advice to ask for, maybe it is just to give club credibility to the weight of the pain that has been exposed this past year.  My counselor strongly believes, and I agree, after long consideration, thoughtful analysis and prayerful consideration that my wife of 27 years has BPD.  I am now living in the latter stages of its progression and negative impact it has had and the horrible influence it has had both of us, including terrible decisions I have made in response.

I now find myself living in he same house in separate bedrooms for almost six years and I am ignored, held in contempt and berated.  She is BPD with the children, though not nearly as extreme, but they do it trust her enough to be honest about how she makes them feel.  I choose to stay for their sakes (how can I expect them to handle this on their own) as I have a strong relationship with them and know they rely on me and they know they can count on me.  There is obviously much more, I am no saint, but my faith in God has held me together.

So maybe my questions are:  can others understand- the pain, the rejection, the questioning of myself and the weariness this creates on a daily basis?  And where does one take the daily pain while I am still living in this situation?

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

martillo

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 28 yrs; staying for now

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 05:40:54 PM »

I am 24 yrs married and 26 yrs together w UBPDh who is also active alcoholic.  We are more or less separated since July; however, we have a business together so see each other daily.  I began participating in Al-anon in 2012 and now attend Celebrate Recovery.  There is also CoDA.  If you are not currently involved in a similar program I would recommend that you at least give one of them a try.  Your counselor should be familiar with some in your area.
Meili

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »

There are many of us who have experienced similar situations. While I was not married to my exwife for anywhere nearly as you as you have been married (only 5 years) and we had no children together, I spent the last 2 in a different bedroom in an effort to hide from the situation in which I had found myself.

At that time, I had no idea how to talk or communicate anything to her without causing a fight. It seemed that every action I took or thing that I said was used as an attack against me.

Since that time, I have learned to better communicate with others and define and maintain boundaries. All of my interpersonal relationships have improved as a result. I can even talk to my exwife these days and have actual conversations on an intimate level.

The basis for much of what I have learned can be found in the links in the sidebar to the right. Learning and using the information provided will give you the best shot as calming the situation.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest