Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 03:38:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She Lawyered up  (Read 395 times)
Hisaccount

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« on: January 18, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »

Well, everything was going so well. I hate to say it but my divorce just got ugly and expensive.
My ex had her lawyer friend contact me and tell me not to contact her anymore.

all I can say is YAY! :happy dance:

Unfortunately this will cost me a lot of money now, but not more "let's be Friends" crap.

So how long before she contacts me?
Bets? Come on?
She cannot function without me. She will completely unravel.

I have to sell my house now which I hate but funny, she promised me and her parents she would not do that.
Everyone is seeing her true colors now.

She has no idea what she just did. Makes detaching so much easier.
Our divorce was almost final and she decided to change it at the last minute. When I refused she contacted her lawyer friend.

ACObound

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »

right there with you.  same happened here.
This will cost a bunch.   Selling the house should be interesting... .where is all the stuff going to go with a someone who can't make a decision.  Also not sure how she will do without me... .who is going to come back for that many rounds of rage. 

I'm movin on 
NewStart

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:56:19 AM »

Well sounds like it's not optimal, but that you're going to take the best of it.  You're at an advantage as it sounds like her family and others have seen/are seeing through the mask?

Different story here, mine is high functioning and a crazy good manipulator, only time will tell the truth here.

Stay strong!

NS
ACObound

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »

Mine also high functioning, kids are now adults so that helps
Alot of people already know the truth. 
echoing newstart, stay strong, get sleep and repeat to yourself... .I'm Movin On... .

mmcnulty

Relationship status: ready to remarry non BPD

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »

The only predictable thing about BPD is that they are unpredictable.  The parasite will sometimes find a new host that doesn't have a clue what is in store for them.  They'll think she just needed to get away from you.  Later, they will find out different.  When you are not needed, you will be abandoned.  Don't jump to any rash conclusions about what you must do next.  I recommend a day at a time for a little while.  You might find a way to keep your house, you might not.  Most divorces never see the inside of a courtroom.  The other lawyer will almost always look for a way to settle.  Keep calm, read and learn, and find some way to enjoy the life you have, otherwise, it's just a waste.
Hisaccount

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »

Thanks guys, I know we won't go to court, she has too much to loose.

But I gotta tell you I feel this huge weight lifted. Sure I will lose my house and not live in someplace nearly as nice but I will be done with her forever.
It is game on. LOL

She is a hoarder I don't have to move any of her stuff now or store it or help her sell it. I take my stuff and go.
It will cost her every penny of her proceeds from the house to get her stuff moved. She will not have anything to show for it now and nobody to blame but herself. 

I am very close to 100% detached. At least for this moment.
I am in control of my life again.

Don't get me wrong, there are bad days ahead but the tables finally turned. I am moving on.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »

So how long before she contacts me?
Bets? Come on?
She cannot function without me. She will completely unravel.

it sounds like this news is a bit of a blow, understandably. its important to feel what you feel, honestly.

i wouldnt put your eggs in that basket, Hisaccount. i told myself those same things, and seeing otherwise caused me a profound sense of rejection.

how are you feeling about this news? what do you intend to do?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Hisaccount

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »

it sounds like this news is a bit of a blow, understandably. its important to feel what you feel, honestly.

how are you feeling about this news? what do you intend to do?

My plan is to keep all communication through the lawyer until divorce is final.
At which time I know she will contact me and ask for help moving or storing Items.

That point I hope to release with grace.

Hard to say what she is telling everyone else, but for me I know I took the high road all along. She often said that I would get mean. That I would do all these horrible things in the divorce and that I will eventually cut her off.
Funny part is, she is the one that did all those things. I have never been anything other than supportive even though it was killing me.

I can walk away from all of this with my head held high and know in my heart at the end I can be proud of who I was and how I acted.
Which is more than I can say about who I was during the marriage.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »

I can walk away from all of this with my head held high and know in my heart at the end I can be proud of who I was and how I acted.
Which is more than I can say about who I was during the marriage.

as i said in your other thread, i suspect you will be grateful for this even long after you have healed and recovered.

great plan  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest