Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 11:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting the Court to Order Kids Stay in Schools When Custody Changes  (Read 338 times)
Mika1739

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 20, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »

I am well on my way with BPD ex in winning residency as well as custodianship.  We have been on a long road and still have a long road ahead but time itself has allowed her BPD issues to become clear to the legal and Mental Health Professionals allowing me to step back and let them take over.  I'm in Illinois which eliminated the word "custody" in its future law code on 1/1/2016 so parents now have to decide about Parenting Visitation Time and Allocation of Parental Responsibilities.  Instead of custody its residency and then parenting time so that there is not this "One parent, is better than the other" mentality.  

That being said BPD ex is sadly staying sick despite losing so many things including her home.  She is almost 40 and moving back home with her parents.  I own my home and the children will claim residency with me and that would force my younger son into a different assigned Junior High in the same district but whole new group of kids.  I am going to argue that the Court should protect him and give an Order that I can take to the Superintendent so that he can go to the Junior High his sister just went into and all of his core group of friends going to.

I can't imagine the Court not easily seeing the importance of this and granting the Order or at lease language in a Order that I can bring to the district.

Does anyone have experience with this?
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »

Families do move, over the years millions of families, so the fact that sometimes children have to change schools is not seen legally as an overly huge issue.  I believe courts do try to avoid drastic changes to the children's lives but moves are not very contested.  In this case the distance or school areas of coverage isn't much, evidently within the school district.  Does the school have Open Enrollment opportunities?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest