Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things are going well/Going to take a break from Posting  (Read 386 times)
ambivalentmom

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 2nd marriage/married for 6 years

« on: February 10, 2017, 03:24:22 PM »

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and I'm hoping the waters will be as calm for the next four years as they have been this past year.  My D14 is doing better in school and is becoming a responsible, caring young adult.  She talks with me about her life, even when the subject is uncomfortable.  I am doing my best to support her in becoming an adult and supporting her interests (martial arts, band, volunteer work, digital animation, driving/high school in the fall, getting her first debit card with checking account this month).  I've also been able to provide her with ways to do things on her own, so I won't keep reminding her.

I still don't get very much notice/communication with her dad about when he wants to spend time with her or when he moves, but I'm starting to see a pattern and am less worried about her visits.  She is in a better mood when she comes back and she is sharing more because she wants to share (I think she's realizing that I don't punish her for things she does with her dad, like he says I will).  I'm still waiting for her to realize what's happening with her dad and share with me, but I'm really feeling like the threat of complete alienation/D14 hiding abuse has passed.  Side note: her dad's apartment has a pool, so I think she's going to like swimming again and I'm excited because I love swimming!

I have been offering advice to others here, but I feel that I could never repay the advice and comments given to me.  When I first joined this site, I would not send emails to my ex without a counselor's assistance.  I exhausted myself with worry and thought my daughter would be alienated from me before we ever got to a good place.  Even though this site is life changing, I would like to take a break to focus more on my family, my health, my career and focus less on the problems with my ex.  I'm probably jinxing myself, but I believe that my relationship with my daughter is the best it's ever been since her dad painted me black years ago.  I would like to say one last thing and keep things positive.  For those in the thick of it:  Take care of yourself first and continue being awesome parents!     
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »

Hi ambivalentmom,

If you read this, good luck to you and your D14 

And thank you for the well wishes.

Smiling (click to insert in post)

LnL

Breathe.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:13:50 AM »

This is a great success story and I hope you come back at some point to share and update.  Hugs to you and your daughter 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

Sounds like you and your daughter have experienced quite a bit of growth... .Good for you both!

Wishing you both well going forward 

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest