Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 01, 2026, 02:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed
Senior Ambassadors: SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
99
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from: Re: new bf says he makes ex's sign an NDA  (Read 155 times)
anonymousgf

Offline Offline

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In a Relationship
Posts: 8


« on: September 28, 2026, 03:53:18 PM »

I just found out that my boyfriend has been lying about his identity from the beginning of our relationship. I have questioned his job and he faked a deposit to prove he was employed at this somewhat elite company. He left his ChatGPT open on my laptop and I saw him asking it about how to fake a deposit for the human eye and asking specifically for that company. These messages were back in April, 2025 in the same feed discussing his ex who was also suspicious of the same thing. We were dating in April, and I guess he cheated on her and was trying to get her back at the same time we were dating. He has created a persona of being a wealthy man, and his ChatGPT history shows a somewhat weird fascination with "elitism" and how to fit into that category. I contacted his ex and she said, "I truly have no idea who he is, how he makes money, etc. and I think he probably lied about most things he told me about him during our relationship." I feel like I am going crazy. I don't have friends in my area and I am so scared to be alone but I know I can't stay with this man that I don't even know. I don't think that I will ever trust anyone again.
Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

anonymousgf

Offline Offline

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In a Relationship
Posts: 8


« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2026, 03:58:40 PM »

To be clear, the ex I contacted is different from the one he was discussing on ChatGPT. I also found out that he has been traveling to RVA since May when he has been telling me that he is going to NYC. He said that he was seeing his dad and didnt want to tell anyone, but why lie about where you are going for so long?
Logged
ForeverDad
Retired Staff
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced
Posts: 19446


You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...


« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2026, 11:34:31 PM »

I can't imagine how much more it would take for you to end things once and for all.  Apparently telling lies is what he does.  We don't need to know more than that to listen... "Danger, Will Robinson!"  (Lost in Space reference)

There are old fables, different versions but all have the same motto, whether it is a rattlesnake seeking to come in from the cold or a scorpion trying to hitch a ride on a frog's back to cross a stream, the end result is that the snake or scorpion shows its true colors.  It is up to us not be lulled by the lies.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2026, 11:34:59 PM by ForeverDad » Logged

Under The Bridge
****
Offline Offline

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up
Posts: 279


« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2026, 05:26:56 AM »

I don't think that I will ever trust anyone again.

He's ruining your present; don't let him ruin your future too. Easy to say I know but he's one bad apple out of millions of healthy, normal ones.

There is so much more than BPD going on with him, he's a total Walter Mitty in his own 'I am elite' world. I know this is the 'bettering a reationship' thread but what possible advice can be given faced with someone like him??  At least BPD's can have some periods of near-normality which makes it worth persevering.

Only way I can see to 'better' this relationship is to end it. You must put your own needs first.
Logged
Notwendy
********
Offline Offline

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Posts: 12433



« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2026, 05:51:41 AM »

I know nothing about your BF other than what is posted here but the fake identity and money that comes from an unknown source is giving me "catfish" vibes.

Also, the NDA- did he actually produce one, or come up with the 20K? That sounds like it could be BS. "I am a mysterious wealthy man and will do things you can not speak about". Unless he's a Hollywood celebrity who doesn't want his business in the tabloids, this sounds like either BS or if legit- a scary situation as you don't know what he'd do that you can't talk about to anyone. And you'd know it if he was a celebrity. He's not one.

At this point, it's up to you to decide if you want to continue being with someone you can not trust, but these are concerning issues.
Logged
CC43
*******
Offline Offline

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married
Posts: 1237


« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2026, 07:12:10 AM »

One last thought:  pwBPD tend to have a fragile and changing sense of identity. They can also hold delusional beliefs. I’ve seen this with the pwBPD in my life, when she seems to « try on » different identities that are not really based on reality.  She’ll say she’s a model, but hasn’t earned a cent modeling. She’ll say she’s an artist, but doesn’t have a portfolio. She’ll say on her resume and socials that she’s moving to New York, but after five years she’s not any closer to doing that.

Then there’s the opposite side of the delusional thinking, the dark side. She claims a long history of being abused. She’s « homeless ». Her entire family is evil. She’ll make some thinly veiled threats.

To pwBPD, feelings feel like facts. And so you need to take everything with a grain of salt. Typically, the feelings behind the stories have some validity, whereas the fact patterns can be distorted, sometimes wildly so.
Logged
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest
Harri
healthfreedom4s
hope2727
khibomsis
Lemon Squeezy
Memorial Donation (4)
Methos
Methuen
Mommydoc
Mutt
P.F.Change
Penumbra66
Red22
Rev
SamwizeGamgee
Skip
Swimmy55
Tartan Pants
Turkish
whirlpoollife



Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2006-2020, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!