Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 10:51:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No normal break up with disordered person  (Read 329 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »

Today I saw Xw, I had to stop at the crosswalk, she was crossing, she saw me but would not look at me. She saw someone way on the other side of the street and started talking to them when she was right in front of my car. This made me think of how abnormal all of this is. People break up and move on every day and maintain a cordial r/s with or with out children but yesterday was another eye opener as to how disordered people see things. So much good energy going into this disorder, all the energy spent on trying to control, create conflict, create pain, what Xw gets her BF to do is so abnormal, people just don't do those things, healthy people with healthy boundaries that is. In Friday Xw wouldn't let me pick s10 up early, I requested it on Wednesday, she got her BF to pick s10 up instead and they went by my door, s10 could of got off at my place, save me a 40 min round trip, on Monday I took s10 home, her BF was standing on the door step waiting for s10. This stuff happens all the time, it might sound petty but think of the time and energy Xw puts into all of this, how she set it up for her BF to pick up s10, how she controlled him into that. Xw is putting a whole lot more effort into me and controlling people around her than I am putting into her. It is an unhealthy attachment.
infjEpic

Relationship status: In a new relationship

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »

Reactions tend to vary, some people can maintain contact, others can't.
It's very rare to get closure.

I've never heard of a normal BPD breakup - but then I suppose people who experience that don't need to reach out on forums like this. It's possible, if unlikely.
bus boy

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »

Xw and I maintained contact for several years, up until June 2015, that's when she got my replacement. But from the time she left when s10 was 4 months old until 2015 we had a sexual r/s she called every day several times a day than she would stop talking to me out of the blue it was a bizarre r/s to say the least. She kept very tight control of s10, she was controlling me with sex and I wanted us to be a family, she hung that dream in front of me and yanked it away when she felt. I was pushing harder for proper access to s10 and my final discard was heartless and she has been at her worse ever since June 2015.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest