Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 01:41:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin sister with BPD  (Read 342 times)
Littletwin
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: March 20, 2017, 03:43:55 PM »

Hi - so sorry reading other posts and experiences which sound so much worse than mine. My non identical twin had high functioning BPD I think although she will never seek help or acknowledge it and generally points it all back on me. I would ask those thinking of getting therapy jointly to please be careful as it may be manipulated to come back on you - but of course it will be wonderful if you can both move forward. Fortunately my twin is high functioning and manages in public to present as the lively and attractive person she can be. Sadly to my Mum and I, privately, we get the selfish and unkind side - the person who has been abandoned and a martyr in life. Still haven't worked out why I couldn't be told my nephew was born or any good news at all ... .but the thing is with twins we certainly have a hold on each other. thanks for listening... .
Naughty Nibbler

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »

Welcome Littletwin: 

I'm so sorry about your sister.   I have sister trouble as well but she is 2 years older than me.  There have been a couple others posting within the last few months about non identical twins with BPD.
Quote from: Littletwin
Fortunately my twin is high functioning and manages in public to present as the lively and attractive person she can be. Sadly to my Mum and I, privately, we get the selfish and unkind side - the person who has been abandoned and a martyr in life.

Unfortunately, people with BPD (pwBPD) tend to hold in their emotions in public and let them flow freely where they feel the most comfortable, around family.  It took me awhile to accept that fact.

Sadly to my Mum and I, privately, we get the selfish and unkind side - the person who has been abandoned and a martyr in life.

It must have been hurtful that she didn't tell you about her pregnancy with your nephew.  Were you in contact at all during her pregnancy?  Do you think it might play into her martyrdom and abandonment issues.  Sometimes pwBPD, who have a fear of abandonment, will initiate the abandoning.

I would ask those thinking of getting therapy jointly to please be careful as it may be manipulated to come back on you   

Did you attempt therapy with your sister, that didn't turn out well? 

We can't change our sisters.  The only power we have is to manage ourselves the best we can, by setting and enforcing boundaries and using some strategic communication skills.

There is a "Lessons" section, tacked towards the top of this message board section, there is a lot of information there to check out.  There is also, a "tools" menu, within the large green band at the top of the page.

We look forward to hearing more of your story and perhaps recommending some specific lessons.

We look forward to hearing more of your story, when you are ready to share.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest