Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 19, 2024, 02:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've lost all sense of time  (Read 361 times)
hopealways
aka moving4ward

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »

5 years since I met my BPDx, 1.5 years since she left me (again) and I have lost all sense of time.
Everything time wise I gauge in relation to where I was before I met her, when I met her, and the time of our relationship.
It's so annoying.
I think back to 5 years ago and it seems like an eternity. I cannot even believe where time has gone. It is mostly because instead of moving on with my life and enjoying my days, I used to just wait until nightfall because it would bring me one day closer to a recycle.
It's so sad.
But it has made me realize the depth of my trauma which existed WAY before I met her.
Her entrance and exits into my life just made me realize that I needed to get help. Which I have.
The work and struggle is constant and daily.
Sometimes I wonder had I never met her what would have happened? I would have probably met someone far worse, we would have had a kid together, which meant one more innocent being introduced into the horrible world of the borderline.
Now I see red flags in everyone I meet.  Sometimes I wish I never knew about BPD.  But it seems it has reached epidemic proportions.
Through all this I still remain optimistic that there are untortured souls out there and as I heal, I will naturally find them.
infjEpic

Relationship status: In a new relationship

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »

For what it's worth, the time thing applies to any relationship.

Knowledge is power with BPD.
It's better to know.

Have you created a new life for yourself?
hopealways
aka moving4ward

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 09:13:42 PM »

For what it's worth, the time thing applies to any relationship.

Knowledge is power with BPD.
It's better to know.

Have you created a new life for yourself?

Yes I have. And no for my past non-BPD relationships I never related anything as far as time is concerned to the relationship.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest