Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working w a Possible BPD boss  (Read 443 times)
3ts
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Boss/co-worker

« on: March 23, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

I have a boss who may be BPD.  Everyday is guessing game as to whether I will be a hero or a villain.  The majority of the administrative team is miserable because of this environment created by our boss. I am trying to effectively complete my work and manage my staff under what feels like  her tyranny and wrath.  I am in the midst of a living hell and searching for support and tools.  I am reading, "Stop Walking on Eggshells," to learn to cope and I have ordered the work book. 

I also have an estranged sister who we believe may also be a BPD.  As a child, life was a challenge living with an older sibling who took her extremes out on the family.  It has haunted me into adulthood and now I have a boss with very similar traits and it is a nightmare.  I need to learn to work through the situations until I find a new position.   
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:59:20 AM »

Hi 3ts,

I'd like to welcome you to bpdfamily, I'm sorry that you had a difficult childhood because of a sibling with BPD traits. I'd like to suggest a book to you, Dr Friedel had a sister Denise that suffered from BPD, she wasn't diagnosed or treated, there wasn't really adequate treatment then, Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified, read as much as you can about the disorder. You'll quickly become see the benefits and become proficient over time. Can you describe what's going on in your office?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest