Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 16, 2024, 03:49:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst episode in 17 years together  (Read 380 times)
ConfusedNHurt
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 04, 2017, 12:07:39 AM »

I've watched my wife go through episodes in the past. Usually only lasted a few days, then she'd come back to reality. This time it's been a month and she's been sleeping with as many guys as she can without protection. She was sick and bed ridden for the last 5 months with a mystery illness that resembles multiple sclerosis. She's been sick before too with unexplainable illnesses, but this was the worst with 3 weeks in the hospital, 6 weeks in a nursing home and another 2 months in need at home doing physical therapy. The day that they cleared her she had an affair and asked for a divorce. A week later she bought a one way ticket to the opposite side of the country. She came back a week later saying she missed me and wanted to work things out. That didn't last long. She's back to homing up with random guys and is sure reach one of them is "the one" until they don't return her calls or texts the next day. I don't know how to handle this.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Meili

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »

Welcome

Infidelity is hard, serial infidelity is much worse. I'm sorry for what you're going through but glad you have found a community where many of us have been through similar experiences, and we can learn from each other.

When you said that she's gone through episodes in the past, what did you mean? Can you elaborate?

Do the two of you have any kids?

The only real way that I know of to handle adultery is by defining and maintaining a boundary that you are comfortable with. Some people can accept infidelity in their relationship and have a less strict boundary, such as all sex outside of the relationship has to include protection. Others are very firm on the line of neither party having a physically intimate relationship with a third-party and any crossing of that line will be the end of the relationship. Each relationship is unique, so you'll have to decide where you stand on this issue and where your boundary is.

I would suggest that you continue to read the posts, read the articles contained on this web site, and some of the recommended books. I know your life is difficult now, but knowledge will help you make the right decisions. We'll help and support you however we can.

Keep us posted!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest