Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 12:59:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't know how much more i can take.  (Read 377 times)
Coping64

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 17, 2017, 02:27:14 AM »

I'm struggling to handle my partners moods as well as take care of my worsening anxiety and look after the kids. Because of all the hurt he's caused me over the last 15 months I think I'm about done. When he dysregulates I just don't want to deal with the abuse anymore. And I honestly think that being in a relationship hinders his progress and if he got away from his triggers (me) then he'd have a better chance of getting better. But I'm just wondering how severe do you think my partners BPD is and what are the chances of him getting better while staying with me?
He deregulates at least twice a week, has hurt himself over 10 times using pills and cutting his wrist (not to intentionally kill himself), has run off to hurt himself over 70 times and always comes home after about 100 messages telling me all the ways I'm terrible and have caused it, has smashed and broken things around the house which has resulted in cops being called, and all this with a baby and 7 year old in the house. He's emotionally and verbally abusive about half the time and the other half he's mostly normal (still very snappy and negative and easily wound up). Is this extreme BPD? I just don't know how often these kinds of behaviours are meant to occur and if this is too much for one person to handle while trying to protect my children from it. From what I've read, twice a week seems extreme, and it lasts a few days at a time so I get a couple of good days a week. Thank you for your opinions.
TommyBahama

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

I have a uBPD wife and she does not cut or throw things but I have dealt with BPD behavior twice a week on many occasions, I have even dealt with it more than twice a week on occasion.  Most instances last days, some last several weeks.  There are certain triggers she has which I notice make the incidents last much longer but the amount of times you experience it seems to be about the average to me.
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »

Hey AndreaG64, Sorry to hear what you are going through.  A BPD r/s can be exhausting, because often we neglect self-care while care-taking the pwBPD.  What are you doing for yourself to recharge and regroup?  It's important, in my view, to recognize one's own limitations.  It seems like you may be close to reaching your limit.  The frequency of BPD episodes is, of course, variable.  In the case of my r/s, the episodes became became more prevalent as time went on, until it became unmanageable for me and I hit bottom.  Be careful about taking care of yourself and try to avoid following my example of crash landing.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Cheetah1

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »

This sounds familiar.  I am so hurt and lost too. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest