Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 09:40:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i dont know what to do, i need help  (Read 344 times)
kz09
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 25, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »

Hello recently my girlfriend had a bad day and I read a bit about validate and try to apply what I have been learning, I seriously wanted to be there for her, but she tells me I was rude, I do not give importance to things , I seriously try to be understanding, understand how she felt and give her my support and I do not know what I did wrong.

I strive to be able to help her and to be there for her even if it is for messages, because I am in college and I do not live so close to her as to run every time I need it, it is what I would most like and frustrate me can´t be there for her, or do things as I'm supposed to be, I'm still learned skills to deal with that, and I feel like I'm not enough for what she needs, I feel useless and it hurts me so much that I can not help her more efficiently and I do not know what to do.

All this affects me in the university because I can not concentrate on classes or do the work, I feel bad and I would like to know what to do in each moment to be the right thing and not make her feel bad because I love her, but I I can´t do things right, no matter how hard I try.

Please help
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:59:05 PM »

Hi kz09, 

Welcome

I'd like to welcome you to bpdfamily. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling in school because of your r/s. I just want to start off by saying that no one knows what to say exactly at every moment, regardless if your partner suffers from BPD or not. You can use tools, sometimes the tools don't work, you tried. Don't be hard on yourself. You'll find the tools on the right side of the board, can you tell us what the issues are maybe we can help?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest