Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:14:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 months on, she broke NC  (Read 387 times)
Infern0

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 25, 2017, 11:38:09 PM »

It'll always happen eventually, pretty much the textbook charm attempt message from her too.

It truly always happens, usually when you finally stop expecting it too

I have decided not to reply, not out of pettiness but simply because it's not healthy for us to be in contact. She is "in a relationship" yet she is using our old affectionate names and heart emoji's in the message. The "relationship" is a few months old at this point so will be starting to hit rough tides... .

Nothing changes, it's the same script being ran over and over again... .
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:29:09 AM »

Hi Infern0,

You sound like you have learned a lot since the breakup.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  How do you feel about this?

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Infern0

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »

Hi Infern0,

You sound like you have learned a lot since the breakup.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  How do you feel about this?

heartandwhole

Feel fine, she text me from a new number as she's been blocked since 8 months. When i saw the message i didn't have an emotional response at all, which was a little surprising to me.

I DID draw some "validation" from the fact that she "broke" but i realize that's unhealthy and also a misnomer, as... .that's just the way the disorder works.

I do have a little sadness for her, as this is the pattern for her (new rs, goes well 2-3 months then starts going bad and she starts looking at charms and starting emotional affairs which then turn physical) and it's just clockwork. Sad for her that she can't change the pattern.

But yeah, overall doing well, i've made heaps of progress in my life in the last 6 months and i'm proud of myself for that, but there is still work to do, so just focusing on that.

Hope you are doing well.
UnforgivenII

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:23:02 AM »

Is she the one whose boyfriend took his life? Your replacement? Or I am confusing you with another member?

Anyway, love yourself. Keep NC
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:37:08 AM »

I do have a little sadness for her, as this is the pattern for her (new rs, goes well 2-3 months then starts going bad and she starts looking at charms and starting emotional affairs which then turn physical) and it's just clockwork. Sad for her that she can't change the pattern.

To me, it does feel like a difficult way to live. So I understand the sadness, and feel that way, too, sometimes. I think understanding that this is how some people with BPD cope, however chaotic it can appear to us, helps us to depersonalize the behavior. Which helps avoid an even worse self-esteem blow.

Well done for the progress you are making Infern0. That is something to be proud of.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Has it been more professional or personal, or both?

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Infern0

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 04:47:37 AM »

To me, it does feel like a difficult way to live. So I understand the sadness, and feel that way, too, sometimes. I think understanding that this is how some people with BPD cope, however chaotic it can appear to us, helps us to depersonalize the behavior. Which helps avoid an even worse self-esteem blow.

Well done for the progress you are making Infern0. That is something to be proud of.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Has it been more professional or personal, or both?

heartandwhole

Mostly personal, career wise i need a change however i feel that i can improve myself more to give a better chance to get better career options.

On the personal side ive been training for 8 months, the last 6 with a new friend of mine who is a bodybuilder so ive made great gains physically.

On the mental side, getting rid of addictions, living healthy etc etc.

Its hard to explain but i feel better than i ever have, its taken a lot of hard work and effort but its all worth it.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »

On the personal side ive been training for 8 months, the last 6 with a new friend of mine who is a bodybuilder so ive made great gains physically.

Its hard to explain but i feel better than i ever have, its taken a lot of hard work and effort but its all worth it.

Bravo  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »

You are my hero infern0!

TsunamiWave

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »

Smiling (click to insert in post)

She's hitting you up because she's in the devaluation phase, she sees that her relationship is going downhill and she wants an escape boat.

Learn from your lessons and completely ignore her. If you dont ignore her, she'll probably get you back in... .These creatures may be sick but they sure know how to create a connection.
Infern0

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »

Smiling (click to insert in post)

She's hitting you up because she's in the devaluation phase, she sees that her relationship is going downhill and she wants an escape boat.

Learn from your lessons and completely ignore her. If you dont ignore her, she'll probably get you back in... .These creatures may be sick but they sure know how to create a connection.

For sure that's what it is

Also, and without wanting to be egotistical i saw her best friend at the store last week who i sadly couldnt avoid and she made repeated mention of my updated physique and appearence so that would have worked it's way back to her and probably set off the trigger.

But yeah no intention to go back and repeat the past. I'd be back to my old self before too long, don't want that.
Grey Kitty

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:05 PM »

I have decided not to reply, not out of pettiness but simply because it's not healthy for us to be in contact.

I'd suggest you re-write that last bit with better boundaries. When you use a word like "us" in that kind of situation, it looks like one clear sentence, when in fact it is two different ones on top of each other:

"It is not healthy for me to be in contact with her."

I think you believe this--even though you still are struggling with it a bit, still confused and hurt by the breakup. And it is a healthy thing for you to say.

"It is not healthy for her to be in contact with me."

This isn't for you to say, so don't say it. You aren't in a relationship with her, so it isn't your business what she does in them, whether it is messed up or not.

It is no longer your concern whether she makes healthy choices or not.
Infern0

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 12:36:37 AM »

I'd suggest you re-write that last bit with better boundaries. When you use a word like "us" in that kind of situation, it looks like one clear sentence, when in fact it is two different ones on top of each other:

"It is not healthy for me to be in contact with her."

I think you believe this--even though you still are struggling with it a bit, still confused and hurt by the breakup. And it is a healthy thing for you to say.

"It is not healthy for her to be in contact with me."

This isn't for you to say, so don't say it. You aren't in a relationship with her, so it isn't your business what she does in them, whether it is messed up or not.

It is no longer your concern whether she makes healthy choices or not.

It might not be my concern but it remains a fact.

I have a negative impact on her as well.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest