Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: you have cards in your pocket  (Read 439 times)
caughtnreleased

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: May 25, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »

So BPDex and I were briefly discussing his replacement relationship. I asked if they were in an open relationship and LET ME TELL YOU that got his attention. A) probably because he wanted to cheat and B) because it implies he may be getting cheated on (he is extremely jealous and possessive). Of course, I dropped it and decided not to mess with him only because I'm afraid my conscience might come after me, but if you want to turn the tables on the manipulation don't think of yourself as helpless by any means.

The crumbs of love that you offer me, they're the crumbs I've left behind. - L. Cohen
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »

Hey CnR, Why are you trying to "turn the tables" on your Ex?  From what you describe, it seems like you viewed your discussion as an opportunity to "mess with him."  To what end?  If you are hanging out with him, you could be opening yourself up to more pain.  Suggest you tread carefully here.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
caughtnreleased

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »

Hey CnR, Why are you trying to "turn the tables" on your Ex?  From what you describe, it seems like you viewed your discussion as an opportunity to "mess with him."  To what end?  If you are hanging out with him, you could be opening yourself up to more pain.  Suggest you tread carefully here.

LuckyJim

Hi LuckyJim,
To what end? Probably for revenge because he has been incredibly manipulative and cruel with regards to the replacement and using the opportunity to devalue me even more. I know it's the wrong thing to do - but I think for a long time I really did see myself as helpless. Yes I saw an opportunity to mess with him but I didn't take it. I think it was simply a question of fighting back, rather than simply letting him do his usual "the replacement is so great" thing - maybe calling his bluff on the lie that his relationship is. But you are correct, there is only more pain at the end of the road. So I didn't go for it.

The crumbs of love that you offer me, they're the crumbs I've left behind. - L. Cohen
caughtnreleased

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »

I think the other thing... .I'm tired of being the adult all the time. The one who does everything to prevent harm, to be conciliatory and nothing comes of it anyway. Perhaps it's trying a diversity of tactics. Of course, I know all roads lead to pain when it involves a pwBPD. Still, maybe trying to stop being the "nice" person - it's a tiring role to maintain really. Acknowledging I am human and sometimes I just want to say ___ it. I saw the opportunity, was tempted, but eventually backed away. Anyway I don't plan to be in contact anymore.

lovenature

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »

Excerpt
Anyway I don't plan to be in contact anymore.

Good plan. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

With enough education and time away we see things clearly and can decide what is best for us.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest