Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a daughter with borderline personality disorder  (Read 383 times)
Dorine
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: June 08, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »

My daughter and her dad my husband have not spoken in 6 years she is now 22. Her dad was to harsh with her when she was not obeying him. He would pull her upstairs when she would not go for time out.  I am still with my husband  and have been hopeful that things Would get better in our family. She says I am not respecting her boundaries by calling her and showing up at her work. She attempted suicide twice so I get nervous when I do t hear from. Her. I went on vacation with my husband d and she did not like that so she refuses to speak to me or return any text messages. She said you have never been there for me why now that I am 22. I got her own apRtmeng that I Am paying for when my husband retired and she refused to. One downstairs and interact with him.  She was staying in her room and getting very depressed. Now that she is on her own but I pay for everything.  I want to see her and hVe a good relationship ship with my daughter but she is refusing. She thinks I am taking  his side. I want my dahghter to speak to me.  I have always felt that I need to choose my daughter of my husband. If I could leave my husband and afford to support my daughter and myself I would but that is not the case. I am so depressed I can hardly work. I. Need my daughter in my life.  What do I

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Lollypop

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:06:16 AM »

Hi there Dorine

I want to welcome you to the Parenting forum. I'm very glad you found us, everybody here understands and has experienced the pain and confusion of having a child with BPD.

I'm very sorry to learn that your daughter is trying to limit contact with you at the moment. You are understandably worried about her and I'd feel exactly the same. If she doesn't want you to visit her in work, call or text you have little choice at the moment. I can feel your pain.

My DS is 26 and we had a very poor relationship before he got dx at 24. I found this forum, learnt as much as I could about BPD and then started to learn some simple but very effective new skills that have helped us build a relationship. It can be done and there's hope.

Is your daughter working full time and in steady employment?

I hope she's in therapy and getting the support she needs. What kind of support do you have - any family or a friend to talk to?

Hugs

LP

I did my best. He told me I wasn’t good enough. White
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest