Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:36:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 367 times)
Jujem
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 11, 2017, 01:50:18 AM »

Hi ,ive been living with my bf for a year ,i am a patient, loving attentive woman who always puts others feelings before my own
There has been so many good times but outside influences take their toll ,and i am blamed when he gets stressed ... by anything that he see's as a major incident from a shop being closed,to others on the road/ roadrage job stresses how exes have treated him( apparently i will let him down too),i can feel him bubbling up to pick a fight and put all the blame on me for everything thats going wrong.I feel im.taking one for the team when he gets so angry and verbally abuses me,and need direction right now as he keeps threatening to leave me x
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Meili

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »

Welcome

Let me welcome you here to the bpdfamily, and wish for you as much help and support as I have received. It's clear you have a lot in common with many of us here, and this is a community where we help each other, so I'm sure if you keep posting and reading you will find it helpful and will get good support and ideas you can use.

Did something happen recently that has brought him to the point of threatening to leave you?

There are communication skills that will minimize the behavior of someone with BPD and these have proven successful for some of the members here. Learning to slow things down will help you both.

There are also some very informative articles on this web site - the links in the sidebar to the right are a great place to start - they will give you some good advice on how to cope in a BPD relationship.

Keep posting - it is very therapeutic, and you will be greeted by so many people with circumstanced similar to your own. You will be amazed. Take care of yourself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest