Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 03:36:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here  (Read 340 times)
flat_tire22
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: June 11, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »

Hi. I'm new. I have been grieving over my best friend of 12 years since October of 2016. She's completely blocked my existence from her life because I wasn't able to visit her while on a family trip in the city in which she lives. I understand the BPDs sense of abandonment, but I would have never guessed it would come to this. She was so insulting and mean to me... .then blocked me. I have felt all kinds of emotions. I miss not having her in my life because we've had so many fond memories made together. She's my son's godmother. She's smart, funny, and I have never been on the receiving end of this behavior. I'm scared she'll never come around, and if she does, it'll be so different. It's so unfortunate.      
Woolspinner2000
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »

Welcome Flat_Tire22

So glad that you have found our site and that you opened up to share your grief with us. So many others here will be able to understand the profound grief that you are experiencing. It doesn't matter whether it is a friend or a family member who has BPD or symptoms of BPD... .the pain is still deep.

There is a lot of information here at our site. What can I point you to that would be helpful to you? I am sure you have many questions. How did you discover BPD? Here is a link that describes the black and white thinking of a BPD:

Know The Infamous Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

As you learn more about BPD, it will help you gain understanding as to your friend's behavior. The conflict resolution and feeling hurt will take time to work through, and that is okay. The more you talk about it, especially with those who get it (like here at our BPD family), it will help you to process and perhaps be ready to set up boundaries if there comes an opportunity some time later.

Have you read any books about BPD?

Wools

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  -C.S. Lewis
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest