Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:17:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sister  (Read 527 times)
the_libster
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: June 11, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

um... .I'm new here and im not sure how this works but my sister has had BPD for about 9 years and it has been a hell of a roller coaster.  She has verbally and physically abused me and my family, she has put a lot of guilt on my family as well.  I joined here to find other siblings that go through the same situations I do and to talk to someone who understands what I am going through. 
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »

Hey  the_libster:   
Welcoming to the Community!

I'm so sorry about the problems with your sister.  Do you live in the same household?  In what manner does she physically abuse family members?  Has there been a recent occurrence?

Is your sister getting and treatment for her BPD (or has she in the past)?

Excerpt
She has put a lot of guilt on my family as well
The information at the links below should be helpful:
FOG
FOG DISCUSSION THREAD

BOUNDARIES:
Boundaries are for your benefit, and it is up to you to enforce them. Whether you need to set a boundary now or later, best to be prepared:  

BOUNDARIES WORKSHOP

BOUNDARIES ARTICLE

EXAMPLES

FIVE SIGNS OF UNHEALTHY BOUNDARIES

Are there some boundaries you would like to set? 

There is a lot of helpful information here.  Take things a step at a time.  Learning certain strategies and communication skills can make things easier for you over time.

Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:54 AM »

Hi the_libster,

I want to join  Naughty Nibbler in welcoming you to the BPD Family.  I think you will find many of our members can relate to your issues with your sister.  We all have someone in our lives with BPD or BPD traits/behaviors.  I found it surprising how much we all have in common when I arrived here.

Has your sister been formally diagnosed or is your situation like mine and the shoe fits so to speak?  Have you done research on BPD?  When I first discovered BPD I found it really helpful to get a good understanding of what it is so I read everything my library had on the subject. 

I also what to point out the box to the right --> Each item is a link to more information.  Naughty Nibbler has provided you with some great links and I want to suggest checking out the "Lessons" section in the box to the right as well.

Can you tell us a little bit more about what is going on?  What aspects of your sister's behaviors are you struggling most with?  Do you live together, or with your parents?  How do your parents react to your sister's behaviors?  Do you have other siblings? ... .I know I'm super nosey!  Smiling (click to insert in post) I'm just trying to get a better feel for your situation and how we can help.

I hope you share more of your story.

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest