Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep breaking up with my boyfriend and then begging to come back  (Read 583 times)
.Wendela
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 15, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »

My moods are so wildly inconsistent. I love my boyfriend and then I am scared of him or mistrust him. He does say things to me that hurt me and then i feel like I'm floating away or disconnecting. Eventually I run and immediately feel sorry for running away. i have no idea what to do and I'm taking meds and in therapy. It would be great just to have a couple email pals that understand me. there aren't any decent groups in my area and my friends basically don't understand or think i'm crazy. I'm literally desperate and jumping out of my skin. I want to run back to my ex-husband and beg him to take care of me again. I have this great boyfriend but have been pulling and pushing him away for over a year. He is fed up and I really need some advice or some open dialogue (online is good) to help me get through this. I've never felt this way before and am scared that I feel so crazy that I own't be able to survive. sorry for the intense drama in this message. I just feel so intensely.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »

Hi Wendela,

I'm sorry that things have been so turbulent with you. What causes you to want to run away from him? Does your boyfriend have BPD?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

.Wendela
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »

There are some aspects in the relationship that disturb me. Usually he is super kind and wonderful and then he lashes out with something unkind. My cousin called to talk with him yesterday and he was really upset that she was interfering in our relationship. He called me and yelled while I was crying. He tells me how mentally ill I am and how all my friends aren't really friends at all. My mother is a bad and evil person and my friends are all bad. So I have nobody but him and then I start to feel boxed in and isolated. My BPD kicks in and I feel like my mind is floating away from my body and all I want to do is run. And then I crawl back.

He doesn't have BPD but is a physician. I just wish I could stop doing all this back and forth stuff.
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »

I hope that you are able to find the answers you are looking for. Healing from BPD takes a lot of hard work and it sounds like you are in a place where you want to begin making things better. It takes a great deal of courage to seek help!

This site is for family members and relationship partners of BPD sufferers. This is where we learn to support our loved ones, and where we learn to take care of ourselves. Because of this, we do not have the resources to help individuals with BPD, but I encourage you to check out Resources for BPD Sufferers.  You will find links to more appropriate forums, where you will find others like yourself who were brave enough to have taken positive steps towards healing.

I wish you all the best in your healing process.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest