Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:23:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the Only One?  (Read 351 times)
Shedd
formerly burnerin

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 22, 2017, 03:31:55 AM »

I have had so many signs that she is the one it is unbelievable.  When I first met her I asked God for a sign and he sent her to me.  I recently visited her new street of where she lives and it is MY NAME!  I was talking to my mom tonight about how I think she is still the one even though she could care less about me forever, but I still believe she is because a light flickered when I said she is the one... .WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?

SWLSR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

Because you want her so badly you will believe anything.  As one who tries his best to follow God I myself prayed many times to save this relationship/marriage, but it did not happen.  Now I think it best it was not saved.  No you you are not the only one not by a long shot but you have to as the U2 song says. Pull yourself togather you are stuck in a moment and you cant get out of.  Reach from within yourself and say You are a worthy person if this person can not see it then that is there problem.   Until you can do that you will neither win her over nor will you be able to move on.  You will be trapped in this state.
Idsrvt2

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:42 AM »

That was my theme song in my twenties after a break up thanks for reminding me

It's a great song.   

I see signs too... .I think my x is the one as well, from the time wwe first met... thenstuff we have in common... .the way he understands me
The issue is with me atleast it's one sided... .he feels I deserve better and he belongs alone ... .I posted about my intuition proving right recently... .

Because you want her so badly you will believe anything.  As one who tries his best to follow God I myself prayed many times to save this relationship/marriage, but it did not happen.  Now I think it best it was not saved.  No you you are not the only one not by a long shot but you have to as the U2 song says. Pull yourself togather you are stuck in a moment and you cant get out of.  Reach from within yourself and say You are a worthy person if this person can not see it then that is there problem.   Until you can do that you will neither win her over nor will you be able to move on.  You will be trapped in this state.
insideoutside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:54:47 AM »

I have had so many signs that she is the one it is unbelievable.  When I first met her I asked God for a sign and he sent her to me.  I recently visited her new street of where she lives and it is MY NAME!  I was talking to my mom tonight about how I think she is still the one even though she could care less about me forever, but I still believe she is because a light flickered when I said she is the one... .WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?

I see signs all the time.  Whether I am reading too much in to things I don't know but I can't control what music plays on the radio and a few times a specific song comes on that goes back to the late 80's when we first dated or a song whereby he played a part in the music video.   A couple of times I've stopped what I was doing abruptly because of something I interpreted as a sign.  But after 5 months of NC and my friend changing his phone number to make sure I can not contact him, I believe that the friendship is over for good, regardless of how many signs I perceive I see/feel/hear.  I miss him very much, he became a big part of my life and I looked forward to talking with him, but now I feel maybe the signs are telling me to let go rather than hold on.
Shedd
formerly burnerin

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »

but now I feel maybe the signs are telling me to let go rather than hold on.

I like that thought.  It's hard not to question the signs though.  I did something really stupid where she will no longer talk to me or try to be friends ever again.  I feel like once I get over her I won't want her back in my life at any point because it's been almost 3 years of hell trying to get over her.  So I don't know what the signs mean anymore.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest