Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 06:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did he really finally find love  (Read 466 times)
Lovesjesus

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 24, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »

I guess this will be my last post because now I am forced to move forward and hopefully this will end any future contact. I will never truly understand bod I also felt like my ex bf w bpf really loved me and couldn't live without me. We were Together 2 years and were h. S sweethearts.  He went into the marine corp and ended things with me at the end of March this year saying he loved me but was too worried about what I was doing back home. He started dating a fellow female marine in May, but was still reaching out to me saying he still loved me up til the beginning of June. He would make up reasons to reach out to me after that but I shut them down. He got engaged to her in July and I found out yesterday he got married. They are both 19 if age matters. I guess I'm so confused that he could know in that little amount of time that she is who he wants to spend his life with. I feel so hurt and betrayed. Is it possible that people with this disorder just know when they find "the one" or is it just to feel secure for now and history will likely repeat itself.  If anyone else has dealt with this or a similar situation I would love to know how you are doing now because I'm a wreck!
JaxDK

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »

Yes and no. The idealization stage is euphoric for pwBPDs but what you have to remember. They can't sustain it. Devaluation will happen as sure as the sun rises tomorrow. They go through the same cycle in ever relationship they are in. How long it will last depends on the severity of the disorder and how much the person they are with can and will put up with.

I'm very sorry this has happened to you. When our ex's move on to somebody else it tears us apart inside. We start to question everything we had with them. If it's any consolation, I believe everything was real with you two, and he meant what he said. Unfortunately due to the PD, they just can't sustain it. out of sight out of mind is specially true for BPDs. They will devalue and discard eventually. This will happen with this new relationship too.

Everything is transient. Nothing stays the same.
Lovesjesus

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »

Thanks for your reply but wouldn't this be different because they are married?
JaxDK

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 02:14:02 PM »

Thanks for your reply but wouldn't this be different because they are married?

No, pwBPD doesn't change their spots because they get married. The script might change a little but, what you experienced will happen in their marriage as well.

Everything is transient. Nothing stays the same.
unsureuncertain

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »

People with BPD had difficulty being alone and tend to jump into relationships. After my multi-year relationship ended, it took her two weeks to find my replacement and blend families etc.
alwaysloving

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »

People with BPD had difficulty being alone and tend to jump into relationships. After my multi-year relationship ended, it took her two weeks to find my replacement and blend families etc.
So true... this happened to me as well... going on 3 years dating... she was my ex wBPD near the end she really fell apart. started having sex with another guy then tried to say it just happened... next thing I know she was asking me if I would take her back and if I still loved her... then next thing I know she was rushing me off the phone twice and now she married a guy while she was away in her country... however she lives in NYC and is a citizen... boy my blood is boiling I felt the whole relationship was a waste... and the fact the whole family never said anything like this... how do you get married and it "just happens?" seems very planned.
Angel3287

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:37 PM »

Finding "love" first comes from within. In short -- if he hasn't gone through treatment and done the HARD mental/emotional/spiritual work to be in true recovery from BPD, then it is HIGHLY unlikely that he has found true love.

He is meeting a current need in the relationship or the current partner is highly codependent/has an emotional disorder themselves, which is a recipe for disaster.

Just remember - there is no love without self-love first. Hard to accept that on the surface but it's true.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest