Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 07:08:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Hair Days  (Read 894 times)
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »

Excerpt
We can discuss physics and chemistry for hours. She was a PhD student in microbiology, so she knows a lot about that subject as well. I dislike biology though, soo... .yeah, I try to stay away from it.

I have visions of Sheldon and Amy.  Sorry!

It's my (selfish) belief that those who are a bit more accustomed to a comfortable existence, with the right experience with the right person, can be gently pushed outside of their comfort zone and find that walking on the wild side is not so scary and actually very freeing.  Yes I've done that to a few poor souls... .all of whom are still in my life though so I didn't hurt them so badly  Smiling (click to insert in post)  Being open to adventure in the first place is a good thing.

Excerpt
Basically, she's makes a great friend. When we start to get past that though, things start to go wrong.

Perhaps you've found your true place with one another if things aren't feeling right when you try to go beyond that?  If you had to summarise your feelings about her in one word, what would that be?  Do you love her?  Like her?  Respect her?  What's the main sentiment?

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Meili

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »

uummm... .yeah, Amy and Sheldon fits.

Funny, I had an ad on a dating site (that's how I met my x), and in it I made a comment about being Sheldon, Raj, and Leonard all rolled into one. My x had no idea what that meant. I should have known then... .

Early in the r/s, she gave me a t-shirt with a Deloren hitting the TARDIS. She told me that she had no idea why that would be funny, but assumed that I would get it. Again, I should have known... .

I don't think that right now is the best time for me to answer that question because all that comes to my mind is indifferent. But, it should be known that I was just put on an antidepressant/antianxiety med, so my emotions are a bit outta kilter.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »

Wise.  Not the best time to make any major decisions.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  If your gf seems happy and comfortable with things then it makes sense to remain as is for a while at least and enjoy all the good that the r/s has to offer. 

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »

The pop culture miscues bring to mind something my T told me after months of seeing me (he only saw my ex twice before she quit to roll in the grass on the other side of the fence): "you know,  I don't think [She] really knew you."

Not knowing The Big Bang Theory is one thing.  Trying to connect by picking a random nerd thingy is another.  However... .was she grasping because you might not be entirely open? Do you have any feelings like you expect partners to just "get" you?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Meili

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »

Oh, no, I don't expect anyone to ever "get me." I know that I'm extremely complex. I'm a Cusp baby, so I can change mid-sentence. I would never expect anyone to just understand all of it.

I really did appreciate her efforts when she gave me the nerdy shirt. On the flipside, she also bought me several pastel pink, yellow, and blue plaid shirts. Ummmm... .yeah... .almost my entire wardrobe is black and green. Maybe she was trying to tell me something?  Smiling (click to insert in post)

But, I'd agree that she never really took the time to get to know me.
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:21 AM »

Staff only

I am locking this thread because it has reached its length limit. The post originator is welcomed to open a continuation thread on this topic.  Have a great day.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest