Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 02:52:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperate for Help  (Read 353 times)
Mama2Royalty

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 20, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »

I've been in an off and on relationship for almost 6-years with a man that has BPD. We have 2 children together and I have 2 children from a previous relationship. Every time we get back together it's that blissful honeymoon phase. Things started off on a cautious but amazing foot this time around. But here we are yet again dealing with yet another crisis.

I thought for sure that THIS time we could break the cycle. So much so, we finally got MARRIED! Not even 4mo after our vows and he has once again started splitting. Its lasted 2 weeks now, his verbal thrashes of rage have turned into 2 nights of him not coming home, not answering my calls and he has cleaned out our bank account. This is not the 1st time he has just up and left us without a dime.

My hugest fear aside from the bills and caring for my children now... .are how long it will last. It has always taken him MONTHS to come back around and I just don't have that sorta wait in me this time around. I'm tired, worn, drained and slowly slipping into my own depression.

I just need to know what NOT to do at this point to prevent it from getting worse. I want to avoid a permanent "break up" I have no desire to divorce my husband.

How can I get him to come back around? How can I keep him from making further reckless and damaging decisions that will impact our entire family for the rest of our lives?

HELP! I'm so lost and alone in this.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:51:07 AM »

Hi Mama2Royalty,

I am sorry to hear this! My h tried to divorce me just 2 weeks after signing marriage papers. Ouch!

You are not alone! We're here and can relate!

Have you had a chance to look here at the Relationship Tools and Skills Workshopshttps://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=36.0

You might want to start with the Dos and Don'ts of BPD relationships. Early tools that helped me a lot were also learning not JADE (justify, argue, defend, explain) - boy does that cut down on arguments - just by not feeding into the mean stuff he'd throw at me.

Also, you should be sure and check out the Improving board as people often discuss their use of the tools mentioned on this site and what works or doesn't work.

wishing you the best! Smiling (click to insert in post)

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:17:53 AM »

HI Mama2Royalty,

I'm sorry that your H just disappeared on you. I can imagine how confusing and hurt you must be. Any updates? Have you heard from him?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest