Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 11:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard times  (Read 442 times)
Tanare
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 02, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »

I found out on Monday that my husband has been cheating for last 8 months with some woman. Found her love letter to him and condoms in his work bag. We have been married for 20 years, 3 kids. I am devastated. I knew something was going on because sometimes he was not coming home, saying he has too much work and crashing with friends in the city. We stopped being intimate around 8 months ago, he announced he was a "monk", and not interested. Went through his stuff, found receipts from lunches, drinks. I asked him who is she, he accused me of stealing his stuff, told me that he has been stuck in a loveless marriage and it is my fault. Ignores me, does not provide no answers.
Similar situation happened 10 years ago when he moved for a month to the city, but he came back because the girl he fell for, actually did not want him, he misunderstood her intentions.
He feels zero remorse. Zero responsibility. Says he has been a victim and I made him do it. He is a very good looking, professional, 47 year old, exterly charming when you meet him. Can tell stories about his travels, asventures forever. People adore him, but there is another side of him that comes out when u get to know him better. He gets bored with people, and from adoring and admiring someone he starts lashing out at that person. Can not take criticism. Has been blaming me for almost everything. And he exaggerates and makes up stories! He made up stories that I have affairs with our kids doctors, dentists, says outlandish stuff with no shame. I advised therapy many times but he says doctors are charlatans, and he is smarter than them. He can be so loving, caring, wonderful and then he becomes that monster, like another person. Don't know what to go. 20 years of marriage down the drain. Must have been my fault, I should have left long time ago. Tough times.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

valet
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »

Hey Tanare, welcome to the boards.

First thing's first. His behavior is not your fault. He is an adult that can think and act for himself.

Are you guys separated right now? Do you have a safe place to stay, away from him?

Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 02:00:31 PM »

Hi Tanare,

Welcome

Im sorry to hear that. Betrayal is painful I can relate with and he’s projecting his bad behaviours on you. He sounds narcissistic, is he diagnosed? Maybe narcissism overlaps his BPD. What’s your support network like in real life?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest