Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 04:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He says that I have to fix all that I have done to him or he can’t come home.  (Read 1109 times)
5xFive

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »

So I did try this today. He sent me a voice memo. Didn’t call, but he’s driving so he can’t text. He refuses to call. So the voice memo went something like: you know how much pain I’m in and you choose TODAY to try to regulate me? Well fine, you’ve pushed me into someone else’s arms because you choose not to be there for me.
And this triggered me. I was calm all day. Upset, didn’t get much work done, but calm. Until this. And then I saw my vision blurring on the edges and I felt my heart speed up and felt my breath get short.
Then he texted me that by forcing him to life this life, I took away his chance to become the person he was meant to be. That’s some powerful sh$&t right there! It sucks that he feels that way. Why do I want to be married to someone who believes ive done that to them? I don’t want that responsibility!
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »

So... .listen... .  

This is hard stuff... .

Your husband spews a bunch of bellicose nonsense... . 

Well... .I would be faithful to you... but you made me hop in someone else's arms... .

I would have keep my pants zipped up... .but YOU MADE ME... .unzip... and place it in the care of another woman... .

I mean... if it was up to me... I'd be a good guy... .but my actions are not up to me... .they are up to YOU.

Why on earth would you listen to such nonsense in the first place?  And then let such nonsense "trigger" you and ruin your day.

Sadly... .we understand that the reasons we buy into such bellicose nonsense is/can be different for each of us.  That is a bit of a separate journey to figure out why... .which will help us step away from this silly kind of relationship stuff.

Please take special care today to care for yourself... be extra kind to yourself.   Try to figure out what you can do in the short run to step away from this stuff he is spewing.  Give yourself space and kindness... .even if he won't

Once you realize and start living your life in such a way where he doesn't get a vote to deny yourself space from toxic stuff... .and he doesn't get a vote to deny yourself kindness... .I suspect he will start making changes... vice give you up

FF

juju2

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »

Hi,

I second what ff.  says.

He is wise, smart, and on point.  What more can I say.

This community shows up huge.

j
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »

5xFive,

Sorry to be slow here.  And I'm so sorry for what you had to listen to.  I understand that, even though we know in our head that what they are saying is ridiculous, it still hits us in the gut, makes our head spin, and makes our vision blur at the edges.  Doesn't matter how smart we are.  We have feelings.

You started in the middle of the story.  He was complaining that you tried to regulate him.  Tell us how it went down from the start.

We've got confidence in you!

WW
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:52 PM »

5xFive,

How are you doing these days?

WW
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest