Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:52:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings, my 18DD identifies with BPD traits and is finding relief  (Read 528 times)
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: June 20, 2018, 08:54:48 AM »

Hi, I just learned about BPD and my 18 year old daughter identifies with the traits and characteristics.  She is finding relief that there's an explanation to her intense emotions and dark thoughts.  The more I learn, the more I also see my husband in the characteristics.  No wonder my house has been in chaos for so long!
Help!
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »

Hi 1591

Hi!

Welcome to the family and greetings to you  Smiling (click to insert in post) It's wonderful to hear your daughter is finding relief, my daughter found relief too, to know that they are not alone and that there are people who care and understand what they are going through and are there to support them. You are not alone either, parents are here for you, that's what a support group is all about.    Have you and your daughter thought what the next step is for her? How can we support and help you?

As well as the son/daughter board we have the Relationship Bettering board you may find helpful visiting as you mention you also see traits in your husband.

Your daughter has intense emotions and dark thoughts, is there anything else she's struggling with?

Welcome again, I'm glad you found us.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
bluek9

we are full of color

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »

Hi! Welcome 1591

Let me echo what WDx has shared with you. We are all here to support each other.    you said you are learning, how are you doing that? Have you guys started therapy? How does your husband feel, does he know you think he fits the bill too? Please share more as your journey goes along. And yes please share how we can support you.

H:healing, O:options, PE:positive encouragement
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest